★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Donut Games
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Version: 1.00.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Battle your friends in a series of HEAD TO HEAD mini-games, inspired by the fun simplicity and quirkiness of classic 8-BIT VIDEO GAMES.

Using two buttons (one for each player) on a single device, you can place your portable battleground practically anywhere and challenge any friend you'd like.

Battles are changed on a daily basis, so be sure to open the app every day for another fun challenge.

Let the Micro Battles begin!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Grab It Magazine says:

- "By the end of half a dozen games of the cowboy shootout and axe throwing - with my opponent being my wife - WE WERE LAUGHING AND YELLING HYSTERICALLY AND LOUDLY"

Featured in "Best New Games" by Apple

- - - - - - - - - - - -

* Micro Battles is free from ads and playable at no cost. A premium upgrade is provided as an optional one-time in-app purchase, allowing players to access mini-games outside the daily scheme.

* Friend not included

PeteOzzy's comments:

10-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Pumped for a new game! Two things though. I'm a little disappointed that it's solely a local multiplayer game. I'd love some AI to play against if I'm not with a friend. Second, no #40 icon???

10-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Solely local multiplayer really makes this game lacking...And the daily scheme theme is not a good freemium method in my opinion.
10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Second, no #40 icon???
Our pixel games will be launched under a different line than our "traditional" line carrying the collector icons.

Donut Games - 100% Indie, 0% Investors
10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutGames View Post
Our pixel games will be launched under a different line than our "traditional" line carrying the collector icons.
Innnteresting, the more games the better...! Does that mean you'll be releasing more often as well between the two lines?

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
10-21-2014, 06:43 PM
So each day you get a random game to try?
How do I know what I get for $2?
10-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
So each day you get a random game to try?
How do I know what I get for $2?
Maybe you get all the games? It's hard to tell by what the description says
10-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah. But all the games...what is that?
The four in the menu?

It's weird.
I instabuy all of donut games, but this new move to free and no number...it's really made me hesitant to click upgrade.
10-21-2014, 08:35 PM
I wish I had friends and beers now.
10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Saw Donut games and was excited till I saw same device multiplayer only... First Donut game I'm passing on, even for free.