★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shadowrun Returns by Harebrained Schemes [$4,99 -> $2,99]

10-21-2014, 07:22 PM
#1
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,631
Shadowrun Returns by Harebrained Schemes [$4,99 -> $2,99]

I remember there was a lot of complaints on the release. Is it worth now for $2,99?


https://appsto.re/us/gmGWN.i
10-21-2014, 07:35 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
100%
It's worth the original price and the $5 discount price.
Complaints were mostly about the save system. It's been updated so you can save anytime.
Some people had crashes, If I recall.
I had none. Ipad 4.
I think people on the 2 and below had issues.
Also, the "sequel" Dragonfall comes out sometime soon.

Last edited by Nobunaga; 10-21-2014 at 07:38 PM.

10-21-2014, 07:47 PM
#3
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
100%
It's worth the original price and the $5 discount price.
Complaints were mostly about the save system. It's been updated so you can save anytime.
Some people had crashes, If I recall.
I had none. Ipad 4.
I think people on the 2 and below had issues.
Also, the "sequel" Dragonfall comes out sometime soon.
Thanks! I'll buy it even tough I have to finish Final Fantasy Tactics and Banner Saga before playing it.
10-21-2014, 07:51 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: http://www.zenfar.com
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Thanks! I'll buy it even tough I have to finish Final Fantasy Tactics and Banner Saga before playing it.
You will not regret it this is an awesome cyberpunk RPG.
10-21-2014, 08:35 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth, I could be behind you.
Posts: 806
Buy this one
10-21-2014, 08:42 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenfar View Post
You will not regret it this is an awesome cyberpunk RPG.
Agreed.

If you want any comparison regarding its gameplay, it has very similar mechanics to the original Fallout 1 and 2 titles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-21-2014, 09:42 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,361
I own this and the expansion on Steam. It's an excellent game. They did a good job bringing an excellent classic series to modern times.
10-21-2014, 09:58 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693

10-21-2014, 11:39 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 708
Wow, for $3 this is a MUST for anyone interested in SRPG genre rpgs. Got it for $10 and it is worth way more than that. Don't hesitate if you're interested in any way!
10-22-2014, 12:21 AM
#10
Fantastic game. It drove me nuts with constant crashes (ipad2) but great story. Left me wanting more