★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Say hello to classic arcade gaming and enjoy this original easy to play one finger game! To put it simply: color match meets arcade action. Catch ghosts, shoot monsters, make combos, get power-ups and avoid falling monsters and explosions! Decide your next move quickly! Let's top the leaderboards!

[ FEATURES ]

- 5 unlockable stages.
- Unlockable endless Extreme Mode.
- High quality pixel art graphics.
- 90's arcade style original soundtrack.
- Game Center (12 Leaderboards, 17 Achievements).
- Universal app (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch).

[ HOW TO PLAY ]

Defeat all monsters indicated by the number at the top of the screen. Touch and slide your finger at the bottom of the screen to move the girl. Release touch to shot projectiles. Shoot a ghost to gain its color power, then shoot monsters of the same color to kill them. Make combos to obtain power ups (the longer the combo, the better the power up).

Monsters jump down after some time. If a monster reach the main floor, it will explode and break the brick (and you can't jump from one brick to another). Explosions can kill you! Note that you can shoot monsters with different color projectiles to force them jump down. Also, each stage has a "stage enemy" (the Minotaur in Stage 1, for example) that will jump down each time you eliminate other monsters. Some advice: don't pick power ups that affect monsters (Time, Orbs, Gorgon Head) while they're jumping or you'll waste the power up effect.

[ CUSTOMER SUPPORT ]

Developers cannot reply to App Store customer reviews so, please, don't use reviews for customer support. If you have any problem with the game, contact us on our website or via Twitter. And don't forget to indicate your device model, iOS version and all information that could help us solve your issue.

DYA GAMES
Web: dyagames.com
Twitter: @DYAGames

With all that said, enjoy!
10-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Man! This looks cool too! Lots off goodens this week.

10-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone play this game yet? I just downloaded it and while I dig the structure and format of the game itself, I do find it kind of difficult to "line up" the shots to where you want them to go. Has anyone else who has played this game found this to be the case for them too?
10-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Game Impressions

10-23-2014, 07:58 AM
I want to love this game but the controls are a bit difficult and I feel like the monsters jump down a level way too soon and it's really luck with what color fireballs appear.
I'd love it if it could be changed so that when you run under a fireball you automatically shoot it. And then when you run under the right color, you auto shoot it as well so you really are just sliding frantically back and forth? Then the monster fall speed would be fine and maybe even a bit faster....
10-23-2014, 08:24 AM
If devs read this.
Seems like a very nice little game.
Do Something With the Controls
Almost unplayable, period.

Last edited by Ijipop; 10-23-2014 at 11:55 AM.
10-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Ah, sorry for the late reply, people, didn't see this until now!

The controls work, but maybe they are a bit tricky:

- The girl moves only if you slide your finger. And she moves at a max speed, so sliding faster is not going to make her move faster. Please, slide your finger smoothly with her.

- If you touch the screen but don't move the finger, the girl will not move.

- If you tap the screen, she'll shoot. You have seen she shoots with a little delay, so another trick is to shoot some little time before the ghosts pass over your.

I will demonstrate this game is 100% playable in an upcoming live gameplay video.

Quote:
I'd love it if it could be changed so that when you run under a fireball you automatically shoot it. And then when you run under the right color, you auto shoot it as well so you really are just sliding frantically back and forth?
It's not a bad suggestion, in fact, we already thought about this idea during development. The idea was discarded because then you couldn't choose what ghost to catch, or what monster to shoot at. Believe me: we have worked a lot in the controls and they are very optimized. Please, let them an opportunity, they work.

The monsters fall from time to time. This time is shorter in the latest stages. Also note that each stage has a stage enemy. The stage enemy (for example, the purple enemy on Stage 1) will jump every time you kill a monster. So it's a good idea to let them blocked by other monsters. This way they will not jump.

And also, you can force enemies' jump if you hit them with a different color, so you can prepare longer combos.

The game is hard in the last stages, we admit that, but it's much more rewarding this way. Stage 5 is almost impossible if you don't get a Gorgon Head once, but it's beatable.

For anything more you need, or more suggestions, let me know.

Thank you very much for playing and for your support, people, we have put a lot of work in this game and, if it does well and we cover development costs, a great new better project will come very soon to iOS.

Dani.

DYA Games
We make pixel art games
10-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Would a d-pad work better in this game?
10-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Would a d-pad work better in this game?
D-Pad was discarded because there is no much space to place the buttons on 3.5 inch devices (3GS, 4, 4S). Also, D-Pad is not very comfortable in portrait mode when playing on regular iPhone.

We'll try to improve the touch controls in order to make them more responsive.

Dani.

DYA Games
We make pixel art games
10-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks for responding. I see what you are saying about the controls, but what about sliding for movement on one half of the screen and a tap zone on the side or something like that?

Also, a small request if you are going to update the game anyway: could you have the girl walking out the door and the "ready!" Message only pop up the first time and then when you restart after losing a new game begins right away?

Love the SNES look to the game.