★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Samurai Santaro (Dark Onmyoji) --- $4.99 > FREE!

10-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Samurai Santaro (Dark Onmyoji) --- $4.99 > FREE!

Ye Gods, that trailer makes this look amazing. It seems like a big-budget, high-octane version of A Ride In The Mountains.

(This is the premium version with no ads).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJK4iqf_ryg

"Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, [a samurai] should be able to do one more action with certainty. With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should still be able to download Samurai Santaro."

(This is the premium version with no ads).

Last edited by sinagog; 10-23-2014 at 02:54 PM.
10-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Gave it a try. It on launch kept trying to auto launch safari with some crazy website. I got past it eventually and played the tutorial level. Honestly it's pretty but I didn't really care for the gameplay mechanics. Couple that with questionable safari loading and I deleted it. Oh well.
10-23-2014, 11:06 PM
The game is.... I don't like to play it again.

Pine Entertainment
10-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Stiff animations, basic character and enemy models, double jumping horse who was a locomotive in the past I think, unresponsive character, floating target boards... When you lose all hearts, the character keeps going like nothing happened apart from a "game over" sign, dull gameplay mechanics, menus with no button "feel" or animation, link to a strange website opening the game even this is supposed to be the "premium" one.

And worst of all: Copied concept from another indie game (A Ride into the Mountains), disguising with a rushed 3d engine to compete with the original.

Worth no more than 2 stars, and that is just because some boss themes seem a little bit interesting.

Last edited by Praymettin; 10-30-2014 at 11:02 AM.