Anyone stoked for the idea of VR games coming soon?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by imaginedtruth, Oct 25, 2014.

1. I think that despite the 3D fad on home TVs is slowly dying, I am still pretty stoked at the next level for gaming with virtual reality. Like the Occlus Rift and similar type devices coming soon for mobile/desktop/consoles. I could only imagine how awesome it would be playing a game like Alien Isolation or a Resident Evil i.e. survival horror, or a well done Diablolike dungeon crawler could be like. Just imagine, being inside a game like that, never knowing when or where the next zombie or monster still come from, all the suspense, reactionary type AI where the critter would make eye contact with you and react accordingly, having to hide under beds, in closets, etc. If the audio would be an effective 3Dlike type audio with depth and so on, could be a lot of fun. I know the tech is pretty far off so far, but my real dream would be gaming similar to the anime Sword Art Online, where you play sitting or laying down in real world, but where not only visual and audio, but where true VR could provide simulated touch, smell, and taste. That would be freakin sweet. I personally would love it. Especially to people like me that suffer from physical limitations due to an accident or disability. True VR could remove those limitations, and allow us all an equal playing field, without those physical limitations. Given how you can look like, be like, whoever you'd want to in a virtual reality, it could be a real Godsend and potentially a lot of fun. What surprises me is that none of the multi-gazionaires in the US and China don't realize what potential gold they could invest into. If anyone with Mark Zucherberg level wealth were to dump billions into research, and development of true virtual reality, they could easily have millions of people, young and old, of all nationalities, that would almost kill for that type of experience. Think it would cost too much or take too much time to develope? I disagree. In my own lifetime I have seen technology go from Atari 2600 to the PS4, seeing the Internet go from 14.4 Kbps dial up to Gigabit fiberoptic speed. So, I don't think a very realistic VR would be that hard to make happen. If a few investors would dump a few hundred billion into R&D, a realistic VR could easily be accomplished and faster than ya might think.

2. Smallville2106

Smallville2106 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    I'm not interested tbh.
    Playstation 4 games are expensive enough. Nearly £50 per game then there is DLC and Season passes etc.
    Can you imagine what the Devi would charge for VR games?
    No thanks

3. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    I think there's tons of potential, I don't believe prices will be much worse than what you already see with consoles and pc's. Next few years will be telling, will enough adopt vr gear to make gaming devs come to the platform or will it be used outside of gaming? This could also be a great tool for therapy or trauma, possibly help people all around.

4. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    YES :D

I talk about the Occlus Rift all the time.

For nearly what a year or 2? I was so against it. But it seems if you throw enough money at something. It helps it.

Its hit a stage where its pretty rad. I think most people will be impressed and people who enjoy immersive features of it will get it. It depends on how affordable it is, combined with requirements of the pc. I think.

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Yeah. I think project Morpheus looks pretty sweet, and if compatibility is Built into the ps4, then I'd be prepared to shell out some cash for one.