★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Funcom N.V.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1087.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.7
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: One of the most beloved and critically acclaimed adventure games of all time is back, remastered and optimized for your mobile device!

"The Longest Journey ranks up there as one of my favourite entertainment titles of all time, not just out of video games, but of all media."
- IGN

"The Longest Journey is one of the best adventure games in years."
- GameSpot

"I enjoyed it more than any other game I have ever played, and I mean ever! And that's saying quite a lot. The Longest Journey is a magnum opus."
- JustAdventure

"A must buy, not only for any adventure fan, but also for anyone who calls themselves a gamer."
- GameSpy

IGN.com Editor's Choice Award

Gamespy - Best Game of 2000

Gamespot - Game of the Year

The Longest Journey is truly more than a game - it's more like a book, a movie and a game all rolled into one. Explore an interactive and beautifully created universe from the perspective of April Ryan, a young art student who soon discovers that there is more to her world than meets the eye.

With the power to pass between worlds like others pass from waking to sleep, April must embark on the longest journey of her life; a journey not only across twin worlds, but also into her very own heart and soul. Embark on a voyage across phenomenal worlds, encounter a fantastic cast of unforgettable characters, and unravel one of the most epic stories ever told.

This remastered version for tablet devices includes a new intro and outro by Ragnar Trnquist, new font, touch controls and a dynamic help system.

Experience what critics around the world are calling one of the best adventure games of all time. Experience The Longest Journey!
10-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Mind actually blown

10-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Holy hell! I literally said "[f-word] me" when i saw this thread opened. O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Whoa, didn't know this was coming. I think this time I might even finish it!
10-27-2014, 08:25 AM
This thread makes me happy, I'm like an evil leech in the corner feeding off the happiness Couldn't believe this was up on the Appstore!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 10-27-2014 at 08:32 AM.
10-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Holy hell! I literally said "[f-word] me" when i saw this thread opened. O_o
This was exactly my reaction. In fact, I still refuse to believe this is a real thing. O_O

I literally bought every single Longest Journey-related thing on GOG last week.

What the hell is going on?

Also, the use of the term "mobile device" instead of "iOS" has me shaking in fear...am I going to have to double-dip for the Android version as well tonight? O_O

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-27-2014, 08:38 AM
*sigh*

Too bad I played two times through that. And now a remastered version... hm.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This was exactly my reaction. In fact, I still refuse to believe this is a real thing. O_O

I literally bought every single Longest Journey-related thing on GOG last week.

What the hell is going on?

Also, the use of the term "mobile device" instead of "iOS" has me shaking in fear...am I going to have to double-dip for the Android version as well tonight? O_O

Got to be real. I'm sure my brother mentioned Longest Journey a few weeks back being available on the Playstation store - so perhaps they've remastered it for all devices/consoles?
10-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
Got to be real. I'm sure my brother mentioned Longest Journey a few weeks back being available on the Playstation store - so perhaps they've remastered it for all devices/consoles?
Oh, it's definitely real. Thing is...this (iOS) port has been rumored to be coming out for at least the last 4 years. This shit is insane.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Ok. How come I've never heard of this game? (Ducks for cover!) I've been a gamer since the good old Atrai and Intelivision days. I'm guessing it was a PC game? I've always stuck with consoles pretty much, so there's a chunk of games I'm clueless about. This looks cool though. I'm sure I'll be picking it up tonight just by reading your guys reactions. Lol