★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gauging Interest in an iOS Port of Blood

View Poll Results: Do you want Atari to Approve a port for Blood on iOS?
Yes!! This is one of the best FPS's of all time!! 17 60.71%
No, I'd rather see them do a port of Duke Nukem instead. 0 0%
I've never even heard of this game before. 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll
10-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Gauging Interest in an iOS Port of Blood

Hello everyone! Being that General Arcade (@generalarcade) did such an amazing job with their port of Shadow Warrior, I asked them via Twitter if they had any plans to also port Blood and Duke Nukem as well. They said they would probably be porting Duke Nukem, but Atari (@atari) was not interested in porting Blood. That being said, I wanted to start this thread to show them that there IS interest in an iOS port!

I even created a "proof of concept" screen shot of what Blood could look like with Shadow Warrior's control scheme.

So, what do you think? If you are a fan of this classic FPS, and want to see it get an excellent port by this awesome developer, PLEASE vote accordingly and let them know via Twitter! Thanks!

Here's a video of the PC version for those of you that aren't familiar with this game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by macatron; 10-29-2014 at 08:34 AM.
10-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Wow, this is surprising. There's over 90 views so far, but only two people have even bothered to vote. Does no one remember this classic, or is there really no interest in an iOS port?

10-28-2014, 06:07 PM
I would buy the hell out of this if the controls could be done well.
10-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Wish they would port Dark Forces first ! Such a waste it's out there gathering dust

would buy Blood instantly
10-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I would still buy it even if it had a terrible control scheme lol
10-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2 View Post
I would buy the hell out of this if the controls could be done well.
Have you played Shadow Warrior yet? If you ask me, it's got the absolute BEST controls of any FPS on the AppStore. The way you are able to continuously fire your weapon AND still look/aim at the same time is executed perfectly. It feels as close to a keyboard/mouse setup as I've ever experienced on a touchscreen.

That being said, I'm sure the controls will be just as good if General Arcade does the iOS port of Blood.
10-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wish they would port Dark Forces first ! Such a waste it's out there gathering dust

would buy Blood instantly
Yeah, Dark Forces WOULD be an awesome port to see on iOS! Maybe we'll see it one day.
10-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyace21 View Post
I would still buy it even if it had a terrible control scheme lol
Ha! Yeah, me too! I bought the original Duke Nukem 3D on iOS eventhough it had horrible controls.
10-29-2014, 03:50 AM
I have never heard of Blood tho it iz a munster. Very much interested. I just re- dl Shadow Warrior cuz i remember how fast paced and fun it iz. ThnX 4 th headz ^
10-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Have you played Shadow Warrior yet? If you ask me, it's got the absolute BEST controls of any FPS on the AppStore. The way you are able to continuously fire your weapon AND still look/aim at the same time is executed perfectly. It feels as close to a keyboard/mouse setup as I've ever experienced on a touchscreen.

That being said, I'm sure the controls will be just as good if General Arcade does the iOS port of Blood.
I have not, mostly because the original game never really did much for me. But since there appears to be a free trial, I may as well give it a go and see how it handles.