★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to Gems of War, the newest Puzzle-RPG hybrid from the creators of Puzzle Quest, the original Match 3 RPG!

KEY FEATURES
COLLECT and STRATEGIZE Equip your hero with weapons and armor and lead a team of fantastical monsters into battle. Think strategically, upgrading your units and utilizing their unique abilities to defeat powerful bosses.

TEAM UP Join a guild, chat with friends, and work together to unlock powerful buffs.

COMPETE Participate in weekly events and PvP tournaments to win exclusive prizes.

JOURNEY Fight your way through a vast array of quests, each with a distinctive story and game-changing rewards.

PLAY ANYWHERE Link your account and play across devices and platforms.

THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN
This game is Awesome! Challenging and entertaining. Not just some gem or gummy game. Terrific find!

I think this is the best "match 3" game out there. It's got a ton of RPG elements to it that makes it very deep. It reminds me a lot of Hearthstone.

Got to love a good mix of bejeweled and magic the gathering in an app. Love it!

Basically this game takes my favorite elements of Ascension and Hearthstone and gives them a different, and I think improved, foundation.

My wife teases me that Gems of War is Candy Crush for boys. It's an intriguing combination of a gem game and a collectable card game. I like the campaign and the guild play.

This is like the version of Puzzle Quest I never knew I wanted. Oodles of quests, challenges, guild activities, cool monsters, arena fights, ranked fights, and man I could just play that treasure mini game all day.
10-29-2014, 05:26 AM
So far this really is just more Puzzle Quest, I don't think I could be happier with it

10-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Ok I feel like I'm an apps addict and I feel like I should get some tax relief with the amount of money I've sent to Apple at this point, lol. Yet you still find all these games early on, how do you do it?
10-29-2014, 05:41 AM
You had me at "From the creators of Puzzle Quest".

You lost me at freemium and the fact this would no doubt require an always on connection.
10-29-2014, 05:42 AM
Wait does it for sure require internet? I'd be all over this if it was offline. The original puzzle quests were offline games werent they?

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Wait does it for sure require internet? I'd be all over this if it was offline. The original puzzle quests were offline games werent they?
I was only guessing it did, I don't know for sure, but it seems to be the trend with games like this these days...
10-29-2014, 05:51 AM
"Link your account" i'm guessing this requires internet...

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
10-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
It does need a connection unfortunately, sorry.
10-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
"Link your account" i'm guessing this requires internet...
Maybe it's an option! People love options!

... Sigh..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
It does need a connection unfortunately, sorry.
Thanks, but no thanks... This trend need to stop... Hate it!!! I'm skipping any games that requires internet... Even seabeard....

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android