★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Follow your destiny to become the ultimate racing driver!

Drift'n'Drive is a vertically scrolling top-down racing game with lots of challenge and replayability. Progress through the career mode racing challenges, get to the top of leaderboards in time attack mode or challenge your friends to a local split screen multiplayer tournament!

Features:

- Career Mode: Win races against tough AI opponents in increasingly difficult racing series, upgrade your car to the max and become the top racer on earth!
- Time Attack: Attack global top leaderboard times or win bragging rights against friends!
- Local multiplayer: Play against friends in split screen multiplayer tournament mode (2-4 players)!
- Silky smooth 60fps gameplay!
- Full Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements
- Original soundtrack by Tommy Baynen

Press:

- Pocket Gamer Awards 2015 - Best Sports/Racing Game nominee
- "It's all very awesome" -- Game of the Week, Touch Arcade
- "I highly recommend it" "4.5/5.0" -- Touch Arcade Review
- "Because yes, Drift'N'Drive is very lovely indeed" -- AppSpy
- "Drift'n'Drive might be the Ridiculous Fishing of racing games" -- Pocket Gamer
- "Drift'n'Drive is an absolutely essential title" "4.5/5.0" -- Modojo

Video trailer:
https://vimeo.com/109690970

No IAP, ads or hidden costs.

NOTE! iPhone6 plus users, if having performance problems, disable Everyplay from the settings menu

Pipipitchu's comments:

TRAILER:
YouTube: video

APP SPY HANDS-ON:
YouTube: video

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimblll View Post
Hello everyone, here's a little introduction of the latest game I'm developing.

Drift'n'Drive is a vertically scrolling, top down racing game. You race on randomly generated tracks of increasing difficulty against AI racers and upgrade parts to build faster and more powerful car as you go. My general aim is to keep the races relatively short and replayability high so you can play it in short sessions on your phone or whatever. It also has a time attack mode and a local split screen multiplayer mode.

I'm doing all the work (except music and sound effects) myself like in my previous games. If you want to follow development more closely, I'm on Twitter with as gimblll. I've posted some earlier in-progress shots there too if you want to see a more.

And onwards to the gif!

10-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, control feels strange at first. But you soon get used to it. On my first try I was last, on my second try I was third.

It's pretty cool the way the obstacles can make thing more unpredictable for me (and for the IA guys as well). It's also pretty cool that the position I finish is the position I begin on my next try and the track is a little different. Clever design choices!

And I loved the physics. The way I car can hit me, spoil my balance and my direction and make me get out of the track. And the way I can do the same with them

It takes me back to the days of a F1 game I used to play on Master System, but I forgot the title.

10-29-2014, 02:10 PM
This looks really cool, nice find!
10-29-2014, 02:37 PM
And just when i thought it can't get worse, it got worse.

I wanted to support one developer per release day, at least, and now this turns out to be ios 8 only...pity.
10-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
And just when i thought it can't get worse, it got worse.

I wanted to support one developer per release day, at least, and now this turns out to be ios 8 only...pity.
Oh damn! Really want this too.
10-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Ah, didn't spot that. I'm out as well, unfortunately. Still a great find though.
10-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Ah, didn't spot that. I'm out as well, unfortunately. Still a great find though.
I'm close to doing the iOS 8 thing, but man it takes so much space and requires a ton more to install
This game looks damn fun, but not enough to delete a ton of stuff from my device.
10-29-2014, 03:36 PM
It plays really well, takes me back haha!
The physics are awesome
10-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I'm close to doing the iOS 8 thing, but man it takes so much space and requires a ton more to install
This game looks damn fun, but not enough to delete a ton of stuff from my device.
Pretty sure if you download iOS 8 on computer and transfer across it uses much less space than downloading directly on your device.

This game is loads of fun! Has that "one more try" factor. Looks great, coins come quick to get upgrades... So far all good 😀
10-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Pretty sure if you download iOS 8 on computer and transfer across it uses much less space than downloading directly on your device.

This game is loads of fun! Has that "one more try" factor. Looks great, coins come quick to get upgrades... So far all good 😀
I'm glad it's not freemium