★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Should X Plane Devs Take the Tap Tap Revenge Route?

12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Should X Plane Devs Take the Tap Tap Revenge Route?

You know how tap tap revenge is still free with limited songs? then they release $5 apps as track packs?

X Plane should provide a free game as well. I feel bad for those that paid $9.99 for the original and it would not be updated. Instead, new versions are popping up.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
thanks to the mod that edited my grammerrr errrror. lolz. i know we cant change the title here so i didnt bother.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
well...... austin made me feel better by saing "nothing promised but good point" about having the same scenery for all apps. he also said last night he was working on two new plane for normal x plane for iphone. did not say which

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
If they would just use the maps from the new ones into the original more expensive one, I'd be happy.

Last edited by NotYou; 12-17-2008 at 05:50 PM.
12-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
If they would just the maps from the new ones into the original more expensive one, I'd be happy.
Don't you mean the locations? What good would the map alone be? And I agree with u.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

12-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
If they would just the maps from the new ones into the original more expensive one, I'd be happy.
i agree

i would also like to see changing weather (for example have a strom come accross while your flying)

the airliner version looks great but i think i'll wait to see what happens b4 i buy another episode. who knows we might see Xplane Jet or Xplane Space
12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
i think he needs to drop the price of the original

and provide an even better package deal for all of them.

because currently i wouldn;t consider buying any of them. and im a big fan of flight sims.

the trust factor just isn't there. i could buy x-plane for $10 and find x-plane 2 will be released in two months for $5 at this rate.
12-17-2008, 06:35 PM
he will not release a free version.....trust me. over the emails we have exchanged he has said a lot of times "we are getting more than $0 worth". can someone explain to him that although his computer version is $60 and we will not get 100% of that for $10, in app store $10 is a lot?!

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
tanstaafl

We're talking about miniscule amounts of money here, this sort of stuff is in the ballpark of having a meal at [random fast food chain] or a couple of beers, if that! If the developer puts out "X-Plane Fantabulous" in a few months and wants another five bucks for it then it's up to the market to evaluate the new features and purchase it if they choose. It is, however, ridiculous to expect that the original measly purchase can support the developer working in perpetuity on cranking out free stuff.
12-17-2008, 11:31 PM
hey to all those looking for a more arcade like flight sim a title call battle skys is on the app store. does look as good as xplane IMO but has infinite landscape randomly generated and you can shoot outher planes.

i would post a link if i new how