★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Your tactical knowledge and real time decision-making will be stretched to the limit as you embark on a journey to defend a galaxy far, far away in the exciting tower defense mobile game, Star Wars: Galactic Defense.

You must creatively coordinate your defenses and utilize powerful champions, including Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, to devastate waves of enemy attacks as you fight both light and dark side battles. The placement and execution of these defenses are do-or-die decisions in both single player mode and online social events where you can earn rewards with rare bonuses.

Battles span interactive Star Wars locations including Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, Geonosis, Felucia and Kashyyyk. Traverse 120 different battle scenarios, experience a mix of elements across all six movies spanning prequel and classic eras, and employ the skills of over 60 different iconic Star Wars champions as you battle for control of the universe in a tower defense experience like no other.

Do you have what it takes to defend the galaxy? Download and play for FREE today!

KEY FEATURES
Battle for the Light Side and Dark Side Experience gameplay from both sides of the Force. In order to traverse the galaxy, you must fight on both the light and dark side. Champions on each side will deliver distinct advantages, fostering exciting and strategic ways to play.

Command Star Wars Champions Bring up to three iconic Star Wars heroes into battle. Each champion possesses special skills and affinities requiring tactical decisions to be made to emerge victorious in battle.

Experience Challenging Levels A wide range of planets with diverse levels ensure the action is never the same with regular game updates that grant the opportunity to earn powerful upgrades, bonuses, and legendary Star Wars Champions.

Level and Upgrade Champions will be your greatest assets on the battlefield. Make them perform to the best of their abilities by leveling up and unlocking critical skill trees to successfully hold strategic positions against incoming enemies.

Connect with Friends Don't take to the galaxy alone; connect with your friends, exchange resources, or compete in online events to earn your spot at the top of the leaderboard.
10-30-2014, 04:00 AM
It SEEMS good. Hmmmm. I can't wait to see what freemium has in store for this. Didn't star wars tiny tower game get shut down to focus on supporting making this?

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

10-30-2014, 04:16 AM
Argh. Love Star Wars but shame this rend to just be a tower defense game. Just want a FPS or some old classics on iOS (dark forces or rogue squadron)
10-30-2014, 04:29 AM
This is actually a really good game. I'm glad they decided to try something new and TD genre is one of my favs.

The units are 3d and you can pick a side. Looks like there's a lot of champions to unlock with their own cool super moves.

Bad news it's an online game with energy and 3 currencies. Lovely. Unfortunately I'll be deleting it now but if you don't mind that stuff it's actually pretty fun.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Game Impressions

10-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Oh my god, they made Kingdom Rush but with Yoda. This is... oh wow.

There's a Light Side / Dark side aspect to it, letting you play the same missions from each side, which gives you different enemies and a slightly different level layout. There's a max progression for each and you can switch at any time, so if you don't like your Dark heroes, just switch to Light. Your resources (and energy) carry over from side to side, but the units you unlock and level are specific to each side, so Darth Maul won't be fighting with the Rebels.

You heroes level up, and it looks like your towers gain XP to level up between matches.

There's a ton of achievements, almost Clash of Clans style, which give rewards for what you'd be doing already. I like that.

Best part so far - it lets you skip the tutorial.

Guys, this is pretty cool.

Last edited by andysmash; 10-30-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Adding more info.
10-30-2014, 08:34 AM
i can't understand devs like these!!! 600 mb for installing a stupid TD game??? come on, there's better games of any kind (included td ones) in the store with less than half of that size!!!
10-30-2014, 09:08 AM
I really want to like this. I won't even have time to try it until Saturday. Something to look forward to I guess.

What is the IAP like? Can you pay a couple bucks to permanently get rid of the freemium stuff.
10-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawk GWJ View Post
I really want to like this. I won't even have time to try it until Saturday. Something to look forward to I guess.

What is the IAP like? Can you pay a couple bucks to permanently get rid of the freemium stuff.
I don't see anything for that, no. Looks like the usual "pay for extra resources" stuff. I'm hoping it ends up being like with Kingdom Rush, where you COULD get max stars on each level without using the premium armory simply through skill - extreme, hardcore, play it 50 times skill. I'm assuming that'll be the case, especially since your hero and towers level up as you progress, which would allow you to go back to earlier levels and basically be overpowered.
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM
It's published by DeNa, but it's made by a talented studio. Give it a shot. It's a way better than SW commander.