★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "I really feel like it has the potential to be the next Flappy Bird-like schoolyard phenomenon." - Jared Nelson, TouchArcade.com

Update: Now the Pong is a bit slower at the start. Also a new Yellow Critter is added. A new Leaderboard will be used!

========================================

Caveman is hitting the Pong at the cliff face by himself.

1) Time his jump to block the Pong.
2) Tap to make him jump. He scores every time he blocks the pong. Don't let the Pong get pass him!
3) If the Pong bounce low, he doesn't need to jump.

But watch out for the Critters! They will come out of the their hole and mess Caveman's game! Different colour Critters will different things to the Pong.

This is super addictive!

Twitter: @tokamatic

-:Davy:-'s comments:

This game got mentioned in TouchArcade!
http://toucharcade.com/2014/11/04/caveman-pong/
11-02-2014, 02:48 AM
This could easily become a viral flappy bird like sensation
It's every bit as frustrating and brilliant

11-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
This could easily become a viral flappy bird like sensation
It's every bit as frustrating and brilliant
Yeah man I'm hooked, damn TA!!! How long will my score of 22 last??? Please, leave it alone!!!
11-04-2014, 07:15 PM
I didn't think anyone was playing this but me. Nice, all of a sudden my friends list has players.
11-04-2014, 08:40 PM
24 just now. Great game. Better then flappy
11-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Thank you for playing! It's on Android too...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...okamak.caveman

Last edited by -:Davy:-; 11-04-2014 at 11:22 PM.
11-05-2014, 08:22 PM
The delay between the moment I tap and when he jumps kills it for me.
11-06-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd suggest slowing down the ball at the start. It seemed very tough for a beginner like me to get the rhythm down and was a little frustrating at the start.

After 10 minutes of gameplay, my best score is still 4, which is pretty sad. I think it would help players play longer if they had less of a difficulty curve. I don't think players would mind if the ball and the speed of the jump both increased over time. Since others are using Flappy Bird as an example, take note that difficulty did increase (to a point) in that game and then stayed at that level.

One more thing - the blue section of the screen - is that there for a reason? I wasn't sure. The pause button you built into the game is underneath the banner ad at the bottom of the screen, so I cannot pause either.

You've got a good game, please tweak the difficulty for beginners like myself. Thanks!
11-06-2014, 07:04 PM
I can't stop playing this game. Jared, thanks for the heads up on this one. Just scored a 48 to take the #1 spot, but I'm sure it won't last long.
11-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Must. Play. More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
I can't stop playing this game. Jared, thanks for the heads up on this one. Just scored a 48 to take the #1 spot, but I'm sure it won't last long.
Damn you mikeg123! I'm currently 13th with 33. Great game. Super addictive. It's criminal that more people don't know about this game.

The over use of advertisements is a little off putting but I was happy to drop the 69p to remove them as I cannot put this game down.