★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Glyph Quest $2.99 -> $0.99

10-31-2014, 02:18 AM
Super Glyph Quest $2.99 -> $0.99

Forum thread
iTunes Link
10-31-2014, 03:49 AM
To the developer: Hey, here is my middle finger. It'll cost you just 2.99. But if you wait one week, it'll be just 0.99. Just for you.

Enjoyed the first game, enjoying the second game. But this kind of price dropping after one week has to stop. Do it the opposite way: Do a launch sale and reward first buyers.

10-31-2014, 05:36 AM
I know quick price drops are common now on the store but as much as I've learned to accept them as a necessary evil this really pisses me off.

There's the argument to be made that it's well worth full price and I should be happy to have supported the devs, which would be all well and good if they'd left it a bit longer before a sale but after only a week it feels like I'm being kicked in the teeth for buying it at launch.

Ah well. Won't be the first time or the last, it's just another nudge in the direction of not picking up new games in the first week or so which I'm sure can't be good for anyone.
10-31-2014, 06:13 AM
Lets all just wait for price drops on all games then. Why early adopt just to get hit with a sale.
10-31-2014, 08:12 AM
I waited for the sale. (hides from rocks)

GC: UnSurreal
10-31-2014, 08:55 AM
I purchased when it came out and honestly the game isn't that charming. Sure I can see the appeal but to me its dull and boring. Not worth $2.99 to me and this slap in the face to early purchases just goes to show the developers are only worried about getting their game higher in the sales chart after what was likely a disappointing first week in sales.

I'll be avoiding this developer from now on and to the friends I was going to suggest the game to I won't even bother now.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
10-31-2014, 09:31 AM
Drucifer, of course, the developer is concerned wth getting higher sales! I paid $2.99 as well. It is an excellent game, but the novelty is gone for me after playing the first game in the series so much. Still, I do not begrudge the developer from dropping the price to try to get more sales. $2.99 seemed cheap to me.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-31-2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahramas View Post
To the developer: Hey, here is my middle finger. It'll cost you just 2.99. But if you wait one week, it'll be just 0.99. Just for you. [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
[...] Not worth $2.99 to me and this slap in the face to early purchases just goes to show the developers are only worried about getting their game higher in the sales chart after what was likely a disappointing first week in sales. I'll be avoiding this developer from now on and to the friends I was going to suggest the game to I won't even bother now.

Oh, hello! The drama queens are back in town.

Srsly, guys, you are iOS gaming for several years (according to your join dates) and you still didn't got used to the mechanics of the Appstore?

Eh, and when you guys buy a bread in a bakery and the very next day the bread is on sale, do you guys go into the bakery and show the staff your middle finger?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-31-2014 at 10:00 AM.
10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
If giving the developer two extra dollars keeps them in business, fine by me.
10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Eh, and when you guys buy a bread in a bakery and the very next day the bread is on sale, do you guys go into the bakery and show the staff your middle finger?
I do.. that effing baker pisses me off. Hasnt updated his bread recipe since ios7 either.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.