★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***International Mobile Game Awards 2015 - Best Meaningful Play Nominee***

***From maker of Joinz and Rop***

Twelve is a tiny puzzle game based on movable numbers on a grid. Match the same numbers and grow them. Although it may seem easy to reach for twelve, you need develop special tactics to manage the paths.

- 4 different game modes
- Addictive endless puzzle game
- No IAP
- Game Center support
- Fun for all ages!

Can you reach for twelve?
11-03-2014, 05:30 AM
From the makers of joinz? For some reason I've always thought of Noodlecake as developers instead of publishers. I didn't realize joinz was from a different developer.

Very similar visuals...same devs...

I can't help but think this was an early prototype build or something they decided to release.

Hmm. Free, no IAP, no Adds, AND a small file size.
I'll try it even though I was completely disappointed by joinz.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-03-2014 at 05:44 AM.

11-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Pretty much the same as Threes then?
11-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagey75 View Post
Pretty much the same as Threes then?
I've played a few games.
It is similar to threes, but the numbers don't double, they increase by one.

Also, the movement is completely different.
Instead of sliding, like you have gotten used to with Three's and 2048 -- You click a number then click any other square on the board to move to that location. You can move your tile to any other tile, so long as the route to that tile is open. You can not move through numbers, only around them.

My suspicion was confirmed about this probably being an earlier version of joinz.
* The icons are the exact same. Black background. Same font, with white J in joinz and white 12 in 12. Multicolored blocks coming out of the top of the white number/letter.
* The graphics are almost exactly the same.
* Same color palette inside the game, with very similar UI/menus
* the same multicolored tiles
* The tutorial even has the exact same long skinny hand coming in to show you the movements.
* the gameplay is very similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if this breached the contract or publishing agreement they have with Noodlecake.

Still. Actually...I like this more than joinz.
If you're a fan of Joinz, Threes, 2048, or any of these sorts of puzzles, then I recommend downloading this. I'm not sure why it's FREE with no IAPs and no ads, but I'm not upset by it.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-03-2014 at 06:12 AM.
11-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Cheers, I will give it a go. I like Threes, it's quirky and a nice time killer when you're waiting on something, like a bus or in a waiting room. Exercises the brain
11-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Game Impressions

Great! Reached 10 today in the subway! Thanks to devs and to Andy! Don't miss that, folks. Very recommended.

Edit: Added video how to make number 9 in six minutes (10 would take another six maybe). Note the progress bar at the bottom. When it's fullsomething happens!

As you can see in GC my highscore is 1.880 (on iPhone). On iPad (video) it was 1.434 before I recorded the clip. So you can't see the little surprise when you accomplish a new (higher) number the first time. Motivating!

(And it's not THAT hard.)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-04-2014 at 01:24 AM.
11-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks Andy! Like most, I was obsessed with Threes. Definitely checking this out.