★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

No graphics. No sounds. But battles! Off-beat RPG 'A Dark Room' (Universal) $.99>Free

11-02-2014, 03:02 AM
No graphics. No sounds. But battles! Off-beat RPG 'A Dark Room' (Universal) $.99>Free

Highly recommended! Straight full version, no IAPs, no ads. For the fights you'll have to explore the map "Dusty Path".

Extensive TA Review **** (Spoiler Alert!!!): Surprising Things Can Be Found In The Dark

Quote:
Like many elements of the game, it’s very minimalistic, but it establishes a nice mood, leaving you in the perfect state of mind for the bigger plot moments to have the maximum impact. It's a strange little thing, to be sure, but I’d definitely recommend A Dark Room to people who appreciate off-beat RPGs, fans of experience-driven games, or really anyone looking for something a little bit different from usual. It's confusing and weird, but in a good way.
Main TA thread (124 postings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythan View Post
I just finished the game and I am speechless… I'd like to congratulate the developer of this game for being a rebel in this full of IAP games and so graphical appealing focusing games lurking around in the AppStore. This game was an emotional journey for me and I recommend this software to anyone that can see through the visuals and keep the essential meaning which is the story.
Current Version Average Rating (US Store): 5.00 (626)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Best ios game I've played Imo...I love how the atmosphere draws you in even without the graphics. It really a leaves a lot for the imagination and I like it.