★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Discover the joy of kicking a friends butt and prove your worth as a taekwondo fighter in The Taekwondo Game Global Tournament, the first ever mobile taekwondo game. Based on authentic motion-captured taekwondo movements and Olympic rules, its as near the real thing as you can come.

Download and play for free - and let the master teach you how to fight.

GAME FEATURES

- Singleplayer tournament - Road to Rio 2016
- Global Multiplayer
- Simple and intuitive controls
- Motion-captured movements from professional players
- Awesome Taekwondo Suits
- Record fight and share on social media
- Authentic Olympic rules
- Beautiful environments Iran, Mexico Korea, USA, China, Tanzania, Brazil
- Authentic sound effects from a real dojang
- Officially endorsed by World Taekwondo Federation!

redribbon's comments:

Quote:
Release Info:

Price: Free

Requirements:
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Description:
The Taekwondo Game – Global Tournament is the first ever mobile taekwondo game! Challenge your friends in cross platform multiplayer over local wifi, or make your way to the top on your own in the Global Tournament.

With movements based on motion-captured professional taekwondo players, the game stays true to the fighting style. Even the sound effects have been recorded in a real taekwondo dojang. The tournament, set in three stunning environments – Korea, Mexico and Iran - follows the Olympic rules.

Positioning and timing is key in taekwondo. Practice your skills in a taekwondo dojang before entering the tournament. Smart controls and easy-to-learn commands creates a great depth - making the game just as enjoyable and challenging for those new to the fighting genre, as well as veteran players.

The strikingly scenic graphics, the cool sound effects and the realistic animations give you the true meaning of taekwondo - the way of the foot and the hand.

- Singleplayer and multiplayer
- Authentic taekwondo movements and rules
- Several beautiful environments
- Select your favorite player
- Easy to learn

11-03-2014, 09:37 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

11-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Aw yeaaahh...here we go! Been waiting on this bad boy
11-03-2014, 10:52 PM
A must have! But unfortunately can't download it as I don't have a Canadian account...
11-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the post redribbon!

Here's a link to the Swedish app store: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/taekwondo-game-global-tournament/id909057098?mt=8

We will launch it globally and to Android within the next couple of weeks, so djstout, just hang in there!

We're just doing the soft launch to start with to gather feedback on the game.
11-04-2014, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloThere View Post
Thanks for the post redribbon!

Here's a link to the Swedish app store: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/taekwondo-game-global-tournament/id909057098?mt=8

We will launch it globally and to Android within the next couple of weeks, so djstout, just hang in there!

We're just doing the soft launch to start with to gather feedback on the game.
I made a Canadian account just for it ^^ as soon as I can download it, I'll post a review!
11-04-2014, 05:30 AM
It's a pretty sick game if you know anything about the sport. I love that it goes by the points for strikes and is not another brawler, that said the local Wifi for multiplayer is a real downer and I hope that changes soon so I can take on the world. I'll have to wait for the U.S. release to unlock the full game but it's pretty good

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
11-04-2014, 06:07 AM
The matches seem too long. It would be better to set a max number of points for each round and the player who reaches it first wins the round.
11-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
The matches seem too long. It would be better to set a max number of points for each round and the player who reaches it first wins the round.
It's staying true to the sport which has 1-2 minute rounds, generally people get 4-5 points a match but that would not work for a game. It's a true representation

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
11-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
It's staying true to the sport which has 1-2 minute rounds, generally people get 4-5 points a match but that would not work for a game. It's a true representation
And that's why I love this game, it's stay true to the sports! If only someone could do the same with Muay Thai