★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Simogo AB
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 169.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A peaceful narrative experience, in which the only objective is to satisfy your curiosity.

Explore an ocean dream world, in which time passes even when you are not there, visit forgotten islands and piece together memories some even existing beyond the screen of your device.

The Sailors Dream is a novella, a folk EP, and an art installation wrapped into one app ... Its an inspired example of what storytelling can be in the 21st century and the way modern technology can shine new light on well-worn conventions. - A.V. Club

Its lonely, bittersweet taletold in a wonderfully unique mix of approachesis the best storytelling I've ever played on my iPad. - Kotaku

It's an experience that's entirely about the narrative, but one uniquely built for smartphones and tablets. The peaceful visuals, the wonderful music, the sharp writing, and the simple interactive toys all go towards creating an atmosphere and telling a story. - The Verge

... you can easily wander for hours through The Sailors Dream making music, playing it not like a game, but as an instrument ... If you are looking for a space to contemplate, a place to linger, a path to walk in patient consideration, you will find yourself at home in The Sailors Dream for quite some time. - Kill Screen

A world-in-miniature put in the palm of your hands, which rewards you for your exploration of it with sensory delight. And perhaps most powerfully of all, pushes you to feel deeply for its inhabitants. - Gamezebo
11-05-2014, 06:22 AM
What i love about Simogo is that they dont just create games... They make experience out of each creation.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-05-2014, 06:26 AM
I forgot about this. Happy days, roll on UK midnight.
11-05-2014, 06:28 AM
This is the one for me tonight. I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Current Favourites - Lara Croft GO, The Room Three, Crashlands, Assassin's Creed Identity
11-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey, Pitta, it's starting! Let's do the same thing as we did with Year Walk!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I don't even know what this is but it looks incredible. I'd love to hear about it from someone who's played it.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
11-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I don't even know what this is but it looks incredible. I'd love to hear about it from someone who's played it.

No. Don't. Better learn nothing about it. And... well, you can buy any Simogo game without hesitation. Every single one is a piece of art, an adventure, an experience.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Finally!
11-05-2014, 07:03 AM
The trailer gave me chills, this will be an instabuy for sure.
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Here's my Instabuy of the week!