★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You journey through life, traveling from point to point, floating from experience to experience, wandering from thought to thought. The challenges you face mold your character, shape you, make you strong, allow you to endure.

Your path in life has led you to this moment. You have discovered Theseus 3D. It is a puzzle so compelling you feel a primitive, animal-like need to hold it in your hands. Overpowered by desire, you purchase the app and begin the download. You play. As your mind expands, as you feel yourself becoming more and more wise, you find yourself overcome by the urge to share the experience with your friends and loved ones. Your soul is complete.

Eli's comments:

Theseus 3D

Jason Fieldman
Genres: Games Puzzle Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.29 NZD

Quote:
You journey through life, traveling from point to point, floating from experience to experience, wandering from thought to thought. The challenges you face mold your character, shape you, make you strong, allow you to endure.

Your path in life has led you to this moment. You have discovered Theseus 3D. It is a puzzle so compelling you feel a primitive, animal-like need to hold it in your hands. Overpowered by desire, you purchase the app and begin the download. You play. As your mind expands, as you feel yourself becoming more and more wise, you find yourself overcome by the urge to share the experience with your friends and loved ones. Your soul is complete.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone5
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 8MB

11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
The original was one of my first iPhone games in april 2009, so I will try this for sure tomorrow.

11-05-2014, 10:24 AM
This looks fun, will it be released in the US tonight?
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I found the developer's web site and there is a lot of really interesting material there, particularly about making the games but also about marketing. Check it out:

http://www.fieldman.org/theseus-3d/

I expect I will try the new game out too.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
The original was one of my first iPhone games in april 2009, so I will try this for sure tomorrow.
Ah yes, this brings me back to the days of old

I wasn't a big fan of the original, at first. Then one boring Sunday I dug off into it and there went countless hours/days problem solving. The original was a very rewarding and I'm sure this 3D iteration will be no less of an enjoyable time. $1....sold.

Last edited by rich_952000; 11-05-2014 at 11:40 AM.
11-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Woah. This brings it back.
11-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Hope you all like it! Note: there is a bug on the iPad if you launch in landscape mode (I forgot to uncheck support for it). Make sure you launch in portrait mode.

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD
11-07-2014, 09:34 AM
iOS 7.x support?

Hello, JasonF.

Do you plan on supporting devices that with iOS7.x? i have an iPhone5, with iOS 7.0.4 and dont plan on upgrading to iOS8 anytime soon, however, i'd like to play this one, since i'm a fan of this kinda puzzles.

So, are you going to add support for those devices?

Regards.
11-08-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm really surprised with the lack of enthusiasm for this great, logic puzzler. I'm really liking the clean, minimal feel of this game. The user interface is nice and while simply designed and uncluttered, the challenge here ranges anywhere from basic all the way up to"give me an hour and I'll get back with you".

This is a really wonderful gaming treat for logical thinkers and a nice, sophisticated follow up to an iOS best-seller, Theseus. Thank you Jason and please keep doing what you do...making gamers stop to think in a strategic yet fun way,

Richard
11-08-2014, 01:45 AM
I really like the look of this game.
But... I also want to know.
Do you plan on supporting devices that do not have 8.0?

I am still trying to decide if I want to upgrade my iPad Air to 8.

Thanks