★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MENG TING WU
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 52.1 MB
  • Version: 1.03
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Hardcore Side-scrolling Shooter

Game Features
1.Full of enemies and obstacles on the screen.
2.Various weapons for your choice.
3.Special powers and equipments.
4.Multiple achievements.
5.Ugly Bosses.
6.Scream like a pig being killed.
11-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Says it's free on UK AppStore, but GBP0.69 here on TA.

Happy Guy Fawkes Night, btw!

11-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Hmmm! Not what I was expecting, but that seems to be a good thing! I'm in!
Edit: What?! It's on Android? Gettin' that one!

Last edited by bigrand1; 11-05-2014 at 01:43 PM.
11-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Wow! This one surprised me. I went ahead and grabbed it since it went free. I've been playing it since.

The chopper is a bit difficult to control, but I'm getting used to it.

I really get a kick out of the auto grappling hook that shoots out and gathers the shards/money.

The only iap that I've found so far is a shard tripler that cost $.99. I bought it to show the dev some support since I'm enjoying the game so much.

I can't speak to the sounds/music because I'm currently playing with the sound off.

Thats not to say the game is perfect.

For some reason the tripler is set to restore first, then after hitting restore it switches to buy.

There are some typos in descriptions.

Buying the tripler doesn't disable the ads. Yes, there are ads. Luckily they aren't very intrusive; just an ad bar at the bottom on the menu screen, and an occasional popup ad between plays. Still...

After being destroyed, the only two options are to retry or go to the menu. You have to go to the menu, then hit play, in order to get to the the chopper loadout screen. I'm guessing that's on purpose to make you look at the ad on the menu, but I might be wrong. If so, I certainly would rather take the extra step than have the ad on every screen.

Still, in all I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
11-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Game Impressions

11-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi

I am the maker of Super Wild Boar.
It is good to know that someone likes my game.

To V for Viennetta:
This game is free for download now(android and iOS).

To bigrand1:
This game needs big screen. So iPad version is better. But big android devices are great, too. I developed this game on nexus 7 in the beginning.

To Collin:
1."restore first" is because apple told me to do this . I can't remember in which document. Apple wants app to try to "restores" purchased items first. If no purchased items, then switch to "buy".
2.I will add a on/off in OPTIONS for ads in next version.
3.I will try to add a button that link to hangar screen directly.
4.There is only one purchasable in this game. I don't like to be EA or Capcom

To Sanuku:
You destroyed Boss 1 in 20 mins. That's very very skillful .
But I notice that people often forget the power button.
I should add a sound effect when power button is ready.

Thanks for your support.
11-06-2014, 04:45 AM
The graphics are really attracting me to this.
Can you please describe the gameplay for me?

Oh...and off topic:
I miss Pete's posts. I could pretty much trust that Pete's posts didn't have ulterior motives and were of a decent quality.
(That's not saying that Eli's posts have a hidden agenda, I'm just not familiar with his game-posting habits, so it's a bit harder for me to use them to decide on a game without impressions)

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-06-2014 at 04:54 AM.
11-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Gameplay:
shmup, but not a bullet hell. The screen is constantly scrolling, but you have free motion throughout. You destroy things, collect the pieces they drop (i think of them as shards). You only have the one chopper, but it has armor. Things you destroy occasionally drop armor blocks that repair the chopper. Use the shards to buy new equipment, or upgrade current equipment.

You can also watch Sanuku's video, or even just get it and try it while it's free.
11-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
Gameplay:
shmup, but not a bullet hell. The screen is constantly scrolling, but you have free motion throughout. You destroy things, collect the pieces they drop (i think of them as shards). You only have the one chopper, but it has armor. Things you destroy occasionally drop armor blocks that repair the chopper. Use the shards to buy new equipment, or upgrade current equipment.

You can also watch Sanuku's video, or even just get it and try it while it's free.
Thank you.
While both of those suggestions at the end sound easy enough, I'm dealing with low data and messed up wifi. Watching a video and downloading a game take up more data than I'm willing to part with, without making an educated decision...
11-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Ah, that makes sense. It's one run, fly until you die. I don't know how far you can go, or how many boss battles there are. I haven't made it to the second boss yet. After the first boss it gets a bit crowded with object hazards. I think those wear me down more than the enemies do. Your currency accumulates with each run.

It's rough around the edges, but there's just something about it that I like. The closest I can think of to compare it to is Jets n Guns, but it's nowhere near as polished. You only have the one chopper body, three gun types that can be upgraded, a tail gun, a grapple, your shield, and three special powers that all can be upgraded. You have to pick one power and one gun before your run.