★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: COMMAND AND DEFEND!

Nitropia is free to download with 3 playable levels to try. You can unlock all the levels and 3 characters for $1.99!

Nitropia is a well-balanced mix between Tower Defense and Real-Time Strategy. Lead your heroes in a global campaign to defeat a ruthless foe. Protect your borders as well as take the battle to your foes by commanding units in real time. Harvest Nitrus, a rare resource, and use it to evolve your units and turn them into a mighty force while upgrading the skills of your heroes.

Find out what happens in Story Mode. A dark secret threatens to breach the trust on which your team is founded. After 500 years of war, the battle for Earth now lies in the hands of Alliance Command as an unforeseen rival has risen. Will you be able to stand up to him?

Two exclusive game modes will test your planning skills: "Base Battle" and "Survival Mode". Choose your best 3 heroes to survive against the mighty bosses. Use offense and defense combo to keep the waves of foes at bay.
Mix and match the unique skills of your Commanders and their machines to suit the varying needs of each mission and find your own play style.

FEATURES

- A balanced mix between Tower Defense and RTS
- Intuitive touch-based controls
- Strong narrative driven game
- 3 challenging game modes
- Tons of Units and power-ups
11-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Aw what ipad only?? Darn I got really excited for a second.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

11-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Really like the looks of this, and i am pretty excited that this is from Bulkypix. However there is no way in hell i will play a CoC type of game. I hope i am wrong in comparing this to that?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Really like the looks of this, and i am pretty excited that this is from Bulkypix. However there is no way in hell i will play a CoC type of game. I hope i am wrong in comparing this to that?
It doesn't mention multiplayer at all so i don't think it's another CoC clone

It does, however, worry me that there is a rare resource and it's free but we'll see
11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Game Impressions

11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Aw what ipad only?? Darn I got really excited for a second.
Awwww please make a version for iphone also pleaseee devs
11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Good premise, but animations are stiff/choppy and its pretty much tuned for IAP. Disappointing to say the least. Much like that recent aliens TD game. The only form of IAP I support are coin doublers, as they let me play the game instead of wasting life grinding. If a game only sells coin packs it's guaranteed that it's tuned to make them necessary. I.e. Deleted.
11-05-2014, 08:05 PM
it's out now in The Canadian App Store will be giving it a try and see how it holds up
11-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Have you seen all the games that this publisher has put out. So many. Scares me away from even considering this game. Publisher may be one of those who is flooding the market with F2P crap.
11-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
Have you seen all the games that this publisher has put out. So many. Scares me away from even considering this game. Publisher may be one of those who is flooding the market with F2P crap.
could just be trying to expand their portfolio and are offering greatly reduced fees for whatever services publishers can offer a digital product.

either way, this particular game is definitely in the F2P pile of rejects. Alien Creeps TD was the game I was thinking of earlier, much nicer animations/art style, but just as terribly infected with teh IAP cancer.