★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sky Driver (by DanjelRicci / SpeedGraphX)

11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
[Free] Sky Driver (by DanjelRicci / SpeedGraphX)

Quote:
You are the Sky Driver! How high can you drive?

Try to reach the skies and above, driving along a randomly generated uphill track. Be careful along your trip: your car gets faster, the road is narrow, and nothing will prevent you from falling down... But you can always retry!
Challenge the global leaderboard in this simple yet addictive game, where nothing counts but your nerves!
Download from: Google Play - iTunes Store

Hello everyone! My name is Danjel Ricci, but I joined here with my developer team name, SpeedGraphX. I usually write code and do graphics alone, but some friends are always helping with music, sounds and backend stuff.

Some time ago I launched Sky Driver, my first released game. It was born as a little distraction from a big and complex project, but in the end it turned out a nice product and I thought to publish it. The Android release was published some time later.

The main plan was to make a game following the trend of little, fast and hard games like Flappy Bird and all the others which came after, but the real challenge was to do it with a more "advanced" design and with an original idea, while keeping the gameplay super simple. In the end, I'm pretty satisfied on how Sky Driver turned out.

Thanks for the attention and have fun!

Last edited by SpeedGraphX; 03-21-2015 at 07:46 AM.
11-05-2014, 09:57 AM
This looks interesting

Will give it a try!

11-09-2014, 06:20 PM
I added the launch trailer to the main post, also version 1.1 is now online.

SpeedGraphX
Gaming at top speed
03-21-2015, 07:48 AM
Update: Sky Driver is now available on Android too!

SpeedGraphX
Gaming at top speed
03-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Woah! Downloading this one now!
03-21-2015, 08:39 AM
This game is ridiculous. Really. Much fun to be had! Hope this catches on. Tried it on Android, runs super smooth. If you are looking for that one more time type of game, this can fulfil that gap. Good luck and thanks Danjel!
03-21-2015, 11:22 AM
I really like the concept. But this game is quite difficult. I know that's intentional, but it unfortunately works against the coolest thing about this game: watching the background change. In that regard, I feel like this game could benefit from either a limited brake (say, press both left and right at the same time, but you only get two per run) or maybe one free continue (like a Lakitu from Mario Kart).

Fun. Hard.
03-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Definitely a tough game. Fun, but tough. Maybe I'm just horrible at the game, but your vehicle seems to be going a tad too fast. Lol, at least for me! So far, I think I've only made it 77 meters and that's only because I caught a fairly easy track in the beginning. I'm sure you get better the more you play. It's still a fun game though and worth a download.
03-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Yeah it's cool and fun for a little bit, but the car is definitely too fast for my liking. Sure it's supposed to be a hard game, but I'd like to play for more than a few seconds at a time. Kinda wish the car would start out going slow then maybe increase speed as you progress, or even have an "easy" mode with a slower car...
03-24-2015, 09:19 AM
The car starts off pretty fast, but goes faster and faster even. You get used to it nonetheless. Still having much fun with it and I am surprised that not more people are playing it.