Universal Need for Speed: No Limits by EA

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #1 Singer, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    EA has confirmed that Need for Speed No Limits is a new mobile game project.

"We're proud and excited to be given the opportunity to partner with Ken Block on an upcoming mobile game project," said an EA spokesperson. "We've been anticipating seeing this car in action for Gymkhana 7 and sharing more. Details are coming soon."

Rally driver Ken Block posted images on Facebook today of his latest vehicle, a "retro-modern all-wheel drive Gymkhana Seven Ford Mustang". On the car are a variety of promotional logos, including one for "Need for Speed No Limits".

Earlier this year, EA announced that developer Ghost Games would be taking a year off to work on the next installment of the Need for Speed franchise, with Ghost Games claiming that the next iteration will be "dramatically different". However, to date, no title for the next game has been announced.

Source - http://plusapp.ru

Attached Files:

2. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I highly doubt it will 'No Limits' I mean honestly it's EA, I expect micro-transactions galore.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was going to post this earlier!!!! :D
    No limits to how much you can spend on one game.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmmm... "dramatically different" and a subtitle that refers to endlessness? Wonder what that could mean... :/

5. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I expect something as freemium as Real Racing 3 or more. And maybe an endless runner.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I'dbe happier with a Need for Speed: No iap

7. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoyed needed for speed most wanted, the graphics and physics were really good. Hoping for an open world version liked the consoles.

8. elvis

elvis New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Can't even imagine what firemonkeys can achieve with newer devices specifically a7 and above,Real racing 3 is still the best looking game on AppStore(by a country mile)and it's not even optimized for iph 5s or above.

9. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Hope won't be something such as Asphalt Overdrive

10. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Every day I hope for a premium racing game with no IAPs, great graphics, a lot of tracks, or a free roam map, heaps of cars and good mechanics and only one currency. RR3 could have been that game, but it's not so hopefully this game can be it. 'No Limits' does sound like an infinite runner though, like Asphalt Overdrive.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #11 Rip73, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Doesn't mean anything.
    The "dramatically different" refers to the next console version for next year not the mobile one.
    The article is misleading in that sense because all but the very first quote, from an EA rep confirming it is the name of the mobile game, is from Ghost Games who are developing the next console version and refers to the next console one and not this mobile game.

This one appears to be by the Iron Monkeys side of the Firemonkeys team, same as Most Wanted and is possibly using elements of Firemint engine. Unconfirmed though if it's using that or the engine from Most Wanted.
    It should be quite a looker either way.

More info isn't too far away.

12. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Check the last paragraph of the first post. I suppose that means Ghost Games is developing it, not Firemonkeys. One more reason for me not to get excited about it.

13. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    sigh!! :rolleyes: isn't there a setting to disable IAPs?

14. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    #14 DantBro18, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Yes you can do that, but there are always paywalls either force you to grind for ages or pay, and then theres the second currencies and waiting times, don't get me started on those.

15. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    EA does need to take a break from making freemium games and start doing premium games, of course IAPs doesn't matter to me even for the paywalls

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What if... This is EA's take on the race car runner formula? :D:D:D

17. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Would be nice if "no limits" meant open world. It's EA so doubt it will be, but would love an open world racer on iOS.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Just port Most Wanted for God's sake EA!!!!!!

19. Krizzle1

Krizzle1 Member

Nov 2, 2014
    OMG a port of the PS2 version of Most Wanted would be freaking amazing, i'd pay $10 for it :)

20. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Even Gameloft have released premium game this year and EA haven't. Not even FIFA 15. On mobiles, EA doesn't make games for users like us anymore, only for the Clash of Clans audience.