★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Ok, this little gem is AMAZING. Pretty much the freshest tower defense strategy game I have played in ages.
The more I play it, the more I love it. I don't think I've ever been this challenged by a tower defense game before. If tower defence or strategy games are your thing, then you REALLY need to try this out. It's seriously amazing."
Touch Arcade Forum Review

Description
Have you got what it takes to keep your cool and win?
You take on the role of the Android Commander to lead your forces back from the brink of extinction and inflict the ultimate revenge on those who put you there. Test your strategic knowledge as you strive to complete primary and secondary objectives whilst building a successful defense against the enemy waves of attack. A strategic, story driven, tower defense game with boss fights that builds tension, and puts you under pressure to prove you have got what it takes to win ... have you?

What people are saying:

App Store Review Lite Version
Epic story driven tower defense with boss fights! I really enjoyed this game, nice graphics and an interesting story that keeps the momentum building, accompanied by some great music. The word strategy in the name is apt with defense placement and resource management being key to success. I especially like the levelling system and upgrade options. Great game, highly recommended

Touch Arcade Forum:
Great game. I can take or leave some tower defense games, just holding off wave after wave, but I found Strategic Defence really spiced things up a little with primary and secondary objectives. I found it taking me back to my younger days of playing games like Command and Conquer
Its also nice to have an underlying story and theme which evolves throughout the game. I like games that have a story, it makes me want to play through to the end. All in all I would definitely recommend this TD game.
This is a really good game. If youre in any way in TD and base building games you should at least give the lite version a try

Features
Absolutely no in-app purchases; you buy the game, you get the whole game
25 missions plus 3 bonus missions
20+ hours of game play
Focus on developing an effective strategy to complete objectives
Experience gained from completing missions, generating upgrade points
Upgrade points can be spent on;
** Unlocking new defences, towers and buildings
** Customising defenses
** Enhancing your economy
Upgrades can be reset between missions to support your strategy
Missions can be replayed

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/2desserts

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2_desserts

2Desserts's comments:
Hi guys

We go by the name of 2Desserts, and we are indie developers.

We have always loved retro and strategy games, so we decide to combine the two and create a game that is a twist on a classic.

Strategic Defence is designed to test your strategic knowledge as you strive to complete primary and secondary objectives, whilst building a successful defence against the enemy waves of attack.

Developing this game has taken many months of hard graft, but has allowed us to do what we have always wanted to do, and has given us the opportunity to work with some truly talented people.

The fantastic artwork was created by Vicki Paull (@Wikivic), the awesome music was composed by the hugely talented Liam O'Connell and the game platform, sprites and design are the brain child of our Lead Developer Dean Hill-Jowett.

The game is out on iPad today, so we'd love it if you popped on over to the App Store to take a peek.

There is a lite version so you can get a taster of the game, but the full version is available for 1.99 until 15th November:

Our mission is to develop games that excite, entertain and keep people coming back for seconds! So if you fancy testing your skills across all 25 missions (so 20= hours of game play) ... have a go with the full version.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at what we have been up to, and please feel free to ask us any questions at all, either about the game, how we developed it, how we got started and what was involved to get to this point ... as would love discuss what we learnt on the way.

Thanks all
Debbie, from the 2Desserts team
11-07-2014, 10:07 AM
This is a really good TD game mixed with base building

I really love how you can reset your upgrade points freely between every mission to try out various strategies

If you like TD games you should definitely give the lite version a try

11-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks Jn2002dk, that is what I was going for, something different, a blend of tower defence with RTS base building and strategic goals rather than just defeating X waves of enemies. Glad you like it.

Dean (developer)
2Desserts

Games that excite, entertain and keep you coming back for seconds!
11-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Desserts View Post
Thanks Jn2002dk, that is what I was going for, something different, a blend of tower defence with RTS base building and strategic goals rather than just defeating X waves of enemies. Glad you like it.

Dean (developer)
2Desserts
Yea that's actually an important point i forgot to mention in my post

Your goal in this game is not to survive x number of waves but rather to complete objectives on the map like capture a specific building. You have a main objective which, once completed, will end the misssion and secondary objectives which will add to your score and i think also to the xp?

Really enjoying this
11-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Yup, you get experience for completing missions, and you can repeat missions to gain more (although the grind is at a minimum) or to get all 3 stars on the mission (completion of primary and secondary objective and not losing any lives).

As your commander gains levels you get upgrade points that can be used to unlock new buildings and defences, provide bonuses to defences or alter the way defences and drones (your builders) work. You can reset your upgrade points at any time between missions and selecting the right upgrades before a mission becomes vital to success.

We have had a wide range of beta testers from various backgrounds, some love TD, others not too fussed and other never having played a TD game. They have all however found Strategic Defence easy to play and very addictive.

An update is planned for early next year (January/February) that will take on board any comments from players (tweaks and such like) and also add three endurance levels unlocked once all 25 missions have been completed.

Last edited by 2Desserts; 11-08-2014 at 03:02 AM.
12-06-2014, 04:17 AM
Hi there,

Thanks to those who have downloaded and played the game. Given initial feedback some changes have been made and a new version is now on iTunes.

The tutorial has changed (less wall of text) and a new level has been added to the lite version. Let us know what you think of the changes.

The next update is due in January; in the meantime have a great Christmas and New Year.

Dean (developer)

12-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Ok, this little gem is AMAZING. I played the first 3 missions of the Lite version and bought the full version, which is worth every damn penny. I love defense games but they are all pretty much the same, but this particular one introduces some different mechanics that I haven't come across before. Instead of being a full on TD game, there are actual offensive objectives that need to be completed while simultaneously defending your base. Very simple, but it changes things up enough to make this pretty much the freshest TD style game I have played in ages. The asking price may seem a bit high but believe me it's absolutely worth it. Been looking for a new time waster for ages, and I believe I just found a new go-to. Thanks devs, you guys made a kick ass game!
12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Why never heard of this game? Looks good
12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloBaquerizoH View Post
Why never heard of this game? Looks good
I know, it's one of those games that once you play it you question why it isn't more popular. This should have been GOTW when it came out. It's seriously amazing.
12-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Feature request!

@2Desserts- Is there any reason why there's no ability to tear down towers? It would be nice to be able to do that for obvious reasons- mistakes, changing tower types, etc... And that brings me to another request- how about the ability to upgrade towers in the field? It would be awesome if you could add those things.

Currently playing: AG Drive, Flop Rocket, Space Marshals, Strategic Defence, Drone: Shadow Strike, Kill Shot, MetalStorm: Aces, CounterSpy, Spiral Ep:1, ARC Squadron, Sector Strike, FullBlast, Land Air Sea Warfare HD, Machines at War 3, MechCom