★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Strategic Defence - price drop

11-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Strategic Defence - price drop

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that Strategic Defence is on the app store for only 1.99 until the 21st November.

Lite version available too for a taster.

Thanks from 2Desserts towers

Games that excite, entertain and keep you coming back for seconds!
11-07-2014, 06:23 AM
It is still showing 2.99 in the US App Store...

11-08-2014, 04:35 AM
This is a really good game

If you're in any way into TD and base building games you should at least give the lite version a try
11-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Is this on sale in US App Store? 2.99 here
11-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah 2.99 is the introductory/sale price.. It's 33% off until nov 15.. This one came out of nowhere and I'm pretty intrigued..
11-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Just had a go on the lite version and I'd say it's not too bad. There's no set numbers of waves to beat and level goals are to capture building by spawning drones who also build all other structures like guns etc. it's basically a question of holding back enemies while you finish capturing stuff.

It feels a bit unpolished and I'm not sure I like it enough to buy but I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and see, but I'd certainly recommend trying the lite to see if it grabs you.
11-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyUnlucky View Post
Is this on sale in US App Store? 2.99 here
Hi there, sorry about the confusion over the discount. Being a UK based developer I worked out the % on the list price not the $ price. It actually works out as a 40% discount for the US iTunes store.

11-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Just had a go on the lite version and I'd say it's not too bad. There's no set numbers of waves to beat and level goals are to capture building by spawning drones who also build all other structures like guns etc. it's basically a question of holding back enemies while you finish capturing stuff.

It feels a bit unpolished and I'm not sure I like it enough to buy but I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and see, but I'd certainly recommend trying the lite to see if it grabs you.
Thanks for your comments Orangecan. We are a new small indie developer with a focus on gameplay. As our experience increases we should be able to polish the games more and we value any feedback or comments about what you would like to see.

Dean (developer)

11-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano1084 View Post
Yeah 2.99 is the introductory/sale price.. It's 33% off until nov 15.. This one came out of nowhere and I'm pretty intrigued..
Hi Luciano1084, this is our first release and foray into the world of mobile gaming. 2Desserts (Everae Ltd) has been formed by gamers who love games and are dedicated to developing games with engaging storylines and gameplay. We are still finding our feet and establishing ourselves but we hope that you like what we are doing.

11-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Great game. I sprung for the full version as I really liked what I saw in the lite. I can take or leave some tower defence games, just holding off wave after wave, but found that Strategic Defence really spiced things up a little with the primary and secondary objectives. I found it taking me back to my younger days of playing games like command and conquer.

On this as in other games I hate to not get the maximum number of stars, this was certainly a challenge, optimum placement of units and careful selection of upgrades is key (don't worry you can reset at any time).

The first boss mission was really fun, and unexpected as not only do you have objectives to complete, but your racing against the clock to prepare your defences in advance of an armada of enemies landing on your doorstop. I really enjoyed this level, although it did take me several attempts.

The graphics are cute, and on some levels it seems like the entire screen is one big mass of explosions, which is sort of cool. It's also nice to have an underlying story and theme which evolves throughout the game. I like games that have a story, it makes me want to play through to the end, and I find a lot of games I have tried like this in the past just transition from level to level.

All in all I would definitely recommend this game. It is a little different, and as a first release I think the developers have done an excellent job, at the discounted price its a bargain.