★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: REVIEW: SimCity for iPhone/iPod touch

12-17-2008, 05:17 PM
REVIEW: SimCity for iPhone/iPod touch

Many of you were asking for a review and some gameplay footage of SimCity before you went and purchased.

Voila!

AppVee posted this review and video of SimCity - check it out.

CL

Last edited by CraigLaw; 12-17-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: removed video
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Not to sound skeptical...but how much did the review cost?
Anyway, im off to play SimCity 4 on my PC.

12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
That's the beauty of putting out a great game, it doesn't cost a dime

But please, poke around, get others feedback. I'd do the same if I was on the fence about something.

CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinXitoW View Post
Not to sound skeptical...but how much did the review cost?
Anyway, im off to play SimCity 4 on my PC.
12-17-2008, 06:21 PM
The review seems incredibly shallow. I didn't learn anything about the game I already didn't know and I've never played it on the iPhone...
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
sorry but that review looks shallow. also; the game looks complicated to control and play. my $10 will go to rolando.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigLaw View Post
That's the beauty of putting out a great game, it doesn't cost a dime

But please, poke around, get others feedback. I'd do the same if I was on the fence about something.

CL
To be fair Craig, that wasn't much of review as it was merely an endorsement. There was little gameplay demonstrated, and the majority of iphone/IPT owners have not played the computer version. The game does look promising, but one could not objectively glean that from this cursory review.

There does appear to be a significant lag in refresh after re-sizing the play/work area...

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 12-17-2008 at 06:30 PM.
12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
sorry but that review looks shallow. also; the game looks complicated to control and play. my $10 will go to rolando.
I like how you think
12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to terrett101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
It partly looks difficult to control because the reviewer doesn't seem to be very good at zooming in, he's trying to use the very tips of his finger, which make sense for keeping the screen clear for a review, but none of us actually do that ourselves, at least I don't. I'm sure in that respect it isn't as hard to zoom in and out as the video makes it seem.
12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrett101 View Post
It partly looks difficult to control because the reviewer doesn't seem to be very good at zooming in, he's trying to use the very tips of his finger, which make sense for keeping the screen clear for a review, but none of us actually do that ourselves, at least I don't. I'm sure in that respect it isn't as hard to zoom in and out as the video makes it seem.
i really want to buy this game, i hate waiting for reviews. this review did not really do it for me though... it was lacking in well... reviewy-ness!
12-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm buying. If you all want this help, stop being cynical and rude. Try buying the game yourself, play it, and review it. You complain because you don't like the review, change things to your liking stop spamming up threads where developers go out of their way to take that extra step to cater to you and you are too busy whining, demanding to see that, just sayin'.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon