★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Moonga the new trading card game for iPhone

09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Moonga the new trading card game for iPhone

Hello everyone

We are happy to announce Moonga the online trading card game for iPhone

What is Moonga ?
Moonga is a new massively online multiplayer game for iPhone and iPod touch. In Moonga you are playing with a deck of 5 cards to try to take your opponent down. You will build your strategy by playing the right card at the right moment, anticipate opponent play and try to bluff him.

Amazing graphics
Card graphics are realized by talented artists from all over the world with various styles, to give Moonga a unique atmosphere. Build your deck to fit your strategy and your esthetical tastes.

Unique game, unlimited possibilities
Moonga is designed to be simple but rich in the gameplay diversity. It takes a few minutes to know how to play. Each player plays with a deck of 5 cards, 4 cards are revealed and one is face down. Games are short and intense, that perfectly fit mobile gaming experience on iPhone.

A perfectly suitable platform
Each card has its own capacity that can shatter the game’s rule and your opponent strategy. The different cards combination creates infinite strategies and possibilities.

What next ?
You can be informed on Moonga news or view some more screenshots by clicking on this button :

Follow us on twitter

Last edited by Moonga; 11-10-2009 at 07:46 AM.
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
How does the trading aspect of the cards work? Can you earn more cards through play or are you going to have to buy more sets as they come out?

09-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Moonga The Gathering?!

So, how many cards are going to be included total? Can you trade cards online? Are all cards available from the start or do you unlocked them?

Thanks, the app store can use more games like that.
09-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
Looks good.

May I suggest to have a variety of monsters/creatures, if they are all dragons and elves then its no fun. Think of some more mythical creatures like Griffons or Demons.

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, do we have a deck of many cards and choose 5 to play at a time...and yes, how do we earn more cards to select from.

Also, will there be a single player mode?

Registered for the beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Thank you for your interest !

Quote:
Yeah, do we have a deck of many cards and choose 5 to play at a time...and yes, how do we earn more cards to select from.

Also, will there be a single player mode?
The first edition of Moonga will contain 100 cards. About 30 will be available at the game release. You choose 5 cards in your collection to make your deck.

When you download the game you get your deck for free. Then to get more cards you can
- Buy themed pre constructed set of cards on the App Store (Dragon set, Griffon set, etc.)
- Win some cards and set in events (tournaments, website offer, etc.)

You can play against computer (internet access still required) or VS a human player.

If you have any other question don't hesitate
Hope you'll enjoy it !

Lukearcade22 this a preview of something different from a dragon
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
are the games timed? like what if you get into a game with someone and they just don't make a choice...or they suddenly leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-10-2009, 04:40 AM
The game is not timed but if your opponent leave the game you get the notification and you win the game.

You have played games that doesn't handle that sort of case ?
09-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Not timed is bad
cheesy losers will simply wait until you quit
give it a reasonable time limit or find cheaters abusing the online game and find the legitimate players not playing and your game flopping
09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonga View Post
- Buy themed pre constructed set of cards on the App Store (Dragon set, Griffon set, etc.)
I don't think I really want to get into a collectible card game where I'm going to have to continually buy new sets of cards or else become obsolete against those who do. That can wind up making Moonga, like other trading card games, a very expensive game in the long run.

I'd like it if we could earn new cards by, say, beating other players who use them against us. That way some people who just want the card sets can buy them themselves, and the rest of us can work hard for them by beating those players.

Features like that will get you more people buying the game in the first place, and may ultimately be a better business decision. Lots of people don't want to get into a trading card game these days knowing that they're going to be shelling out a lot of cash to play down the road.

The timing issue is also important. Give players something like two-three minutes to play a card. Apparently there are only five cards to choose from at most - so people shouldn't need to take very long to decide what to do.

Finally, while we're critiquing things, I'd sic one of your card artists on your lifebar display. It could look a lot better.

Last edited by Comassion; 09-10-2009 at 10:28 AM.