★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AA Mather
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 0.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Overglide, the game widget that lets you play anywhere, anytime, directly from the notification screen and even while your iOS device is locked.

Now with support for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 devices.

Pilot the paper plane as far as possible while dodging the obstacles and facing ever increasing difficulty. Just touch and hold to glide up and release to fly down. You can quickly access Overglide from the today screen or lock screen to easily try and beat your top score anytime.

Simply swipe down to start playing
Accessible from the lock screen
Simple, fun and challenging gameplay
Customizable styles
Game Center leaderboards
Challenge your friends and share scores on Twitter, Facebook and Weibo

Overglide, the unique widget game featured on: Gizmodo, TouchArcade, IGN, Cult of Mac, Heise Online, TecMundo, Redmond Pie, Phone Arena, iDownloadBlog, iPhon.fr, TUAW and many other sites around the world.

SerenityMobile's comments:

Hi All, I just wanted to share our new app Overglide. Overglide is a simple but fun classic side scrolling block dodge game that can be played from the notification 'today' view even when the device is locked. We think this is great for casual gaming, to be able to quickly play whenever you have time and hope you all agree.

Because of the limitations placed on widgets Overglide is currently only available for newer iOS devices (5s, 6, 6+, iPad Air, Air 2, iPad mini 2 and mini 3) but we're working hard to make Overglide run with an even smaller memory profile and hope to be able to expand the device list soon.

We'd love to hear any thoughts from the folks on the Touch Arcade forums and will definitely take any feedback onboard for upcoming updates.

Thanks,

Alex
Serenity Mobile
info@serenitymobile.co.uk
11-11-2014, 03:10 PM
With Overglide on my iPad Air 2, it opens with a display settings screen.
No way can I get out of it. Is this a problem?
Why does it not work on an iPod Touch 5th gen?

11-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityMobile View Post

Because of the limitations placed on widgets Overglide is currently only available for newer iOS devices (5s, 6, 6+, iPad Air, Air 2, iPad mini 2 and mini 3) but we're working hard to make Overglide run with an even smaller memory profile and hope to be able to expand the device list soon.

We'd love to hear any thoughts from the folks on the Touch Arcade forums and will definitely take any feedback onboard for upcoming updates.

Thanks,

Alex
Serenity Mobile
info@serenitymobile.co.uk
I'm able to enable widgets on my iPhone 5, but can you confirm if this will work on this device since a minimum of 5s is listed.
11-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
With Overglide on my iPad Air 2, it opens with a display settings screen.
No way can I get out of it. Is this a problem?
Hi bastband, no this shouldn't be a problem, the game can only be played from the notification center. From the 'main' app you can only set the display settings and share your score on game center (to post a score on game center you simply open the main app and it will post your score if you are signed in).

To play the game you'll need to open Notification Center (swipe down from the top of your device screen) scroll to the bottom of the notification view, select edit and add the Overglide widget. Then you should be good to go.

This raises a great point and we'll definitely put a note about this in the core app in the first update.
11-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Why does it not work on an iPod Touch 5th gen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I'm able to enable widgets on my iPhone 5, but can you confirm if this will work on this device since a minimum of 5s is listed.
Hi both, notification center widgets have to run within much tighter restrictions than regular apps and iOS will terminate a widget if it exceeds these limits or system resources are low.

In our testing the current version of Overglide was terminated by the OS reasonably often on older devices. Rather than give users a potentially bad experience we've restricted the devices Overglide will run on to ones where we found this happened very rarely.

However, we did not know in advance if this game would actually make it on to the App Store as it is quite unique and we have some optimisations planned for future updates that may allow us to expand the device list. I can't guarantee that yet, but obviously we want as many people to enjoy Overglide as possible and will work hard to increase the number of devices it will run on.

Hope that answers both your questions.
11-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Ok, still not good, from the notification centre when I tap the plane it says 'unable to load'.
11-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Ok, still not good, from the notification centre when I tap the plane it says 'unable to load'.
Hi bastband, we've discovered an issue which caused this behaviour for some users of iPad Air and iPhone 6+. We have an update pending release on the App Store which addresses this.

Sorry for the difficulty you've had playing Overglide, you should be able to update very soon.
11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
I tried to install on my ipad mini 1 running ios 8 and it says its not compatible. Will it support the mini?