★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (2)
App description: Endless Doves Collect Doves, Don't Crash!

He dreams of flying... Who is he? Why does he crash? How does he fly? That doesn't matter! What does matter is obsessive bird collecting!

Collect those birds and beat the scores of friends and people you don't even know! Brag on the usual social network hangouts then collect even more birds and do it all over again!

Don't like doves? We have you covered. Using the doves as a crude form of currency (Dove Dollars?) you can unlock a whole other host of flying things. Like Pelicans and Chickens!... shhhh.

It's based on our hit game '8 bit Doves' which is level based and not free. If you like this there's a good chance you will like that too so skip coffee one day and buy that instead!

You play with only two buttons which means they are big and easy to hit with your thumbs. But then it's one of those super hard 'argh I hate this... but must have one more go' type of games too so yeah.

That's about it. If you read this far you may as well hit the download button. enjoy :) or don't... it's free so you can always delete it again.

Nitrome's comments:
Endless Doves – Collect Doves, Don't Crash! Available on iOS for FREE tomorrow (November 12th)

He dreams of flying... Who is he? Why does he crash? How does he fly? That doesn't matter! What does matter is obsessive bird collecting!

Collect those birds and beat the scores of friends and people you don't even know! Brag on the usual social network hangouts then collect even more birds and do it all over again!

Don't like doves? We have you covered. Using the doves as a crude form of currency (Dove Dollars?) you can unlock a whole other host of flying things. Like Pelicans and Chickens!... shhhh (NO SPOILERS!)

It's based on our hit game '8 bit Doves' which is level based and not free. If you like this there's a good chance you will like that too so skip coffee one day and buy that instead!

You play with only two buttons which means they are big and easy to hit with your thumbs. But then it's one of those super hard 'argh I hate this... but must have one more go' type of games too so, yeah.

Check out the trailer here

And don't forget to grab it tomorrow on iOS for Free.

11-11-2014, 01:33 PM
So is the gameplay similar to Mikey Boots? Looks fun

Nevermind, looks like different control scheme.

11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Is there a full game unlock or is there an IAP to remove ads, or what's up ? Whys it free?
11-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I never got round to playing 8 Bit Doves. I plan to treat this as a demo and then pick up 8 Bit Doves if I enjoy it.
11-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Is there a full game unlock or is there an IAP to remove ads, or what's up ? Whys it free?
you can see the 'remove ads' button in the trailer

Game Center: sink_or_swim
11-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ah, thanks. I couldn't watch ATM, videos are screwy on my phone this morning. =o/
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Game Impressions

11-11-2014, 02:44 PM
The controls in 8 Bit Doves are Retry-esque, but I thought Nitrome's game just flowed better. Since I enjoyed that one I'll surely check out this endless version. Besides, after the magnificent Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage I'd pretty much follow those guys anywhere.

I wonder if developers posting about their game a day before release is gonna become a thing.
11-11-2014, 05:13 PM
11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
The controls in 8 Bit Doves are Retry-esque, but I thought Nitrome's game just flowed better. Since I enjoyed that one I'll surely check out this endless version. Besides, after the magnificent Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage I'd pretty much follow those guys anywhere.

I wonder if developers posting about their game a day before release is gonna become a thing.
Ah, ok. Well I got on great with Retry so I'll certainly give this a go. Thanks