★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: GOLFINITY | glf'finit |
noun
a golf course longer than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ).

killercow's comments:


11-12-2014, 06:49 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
This looks great. Love the graphics also

11-12-2014, 07:07 AM
#3
Joined: May 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 356
Game Impressions

11-12-2014, 07:57 AM
#4
What's the goal? Are there any lives etc?
11-12-2014, 10:59 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 107
So if I mess up royally, I'll never be able to reset the score count? Sorry I don't know golf terminology but isn't the point to keep the score lower in golf?
11-12-2014, 11:44 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morolord View Post
What's the goal? Are there any lives etc?
Looks like it's just a par for each level (the number of balls given) and you play until you can't complete a hole. Guess we'll know more tonight when it launches or the nimblebit folks stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeed View Post
So if I mess up royally, I'll never be able to reset the score count? Sorry I don't know golf terminology but isn't the point to keep the score lower in golf?
It doesn't look like there is a score. It's just the hole number in the top left. I think the only point is to survive to the next hole by staying at par or under.

EDIT:

Oh wait, I see now in the top right it keeps track of the score. Eh, I guess if it just keeps going without the option for a new game then the only way to reset is to just delete the game and re-install.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

Last edited by nightc1; 11-12-2014 at 11:57 AM.
11-12-2014, 01:18 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
So your score is the total course par in the top right. If you really screw up a hole you have the option to retry the hole after completing it to improve your score (which does display a skippable video ad).
11-12-2014, 01:37 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
So your score is the total course par in the top right. If you really screw up a hole you have the option to retry the hole after completing it to improve your score (which does display a skippable video ad).
I've been playing since yesterday (thanks for the promo on Twitter) and when I click to retry a hole the game crashes out and when I come back in my stroke count is one more than when it crashed.

Edit: I just uninstalled and am now downloading on NZ acct hopefully that takes care of the crashing

Last edited by rich_952000; 11-12-2014 at 01:40 PM.
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I've been playing since yesterday (thanks for the promo on Twitter) and when I click to retry a hole the game crashes out and when I come back in my stroke count is one more than when it crashed.

Edit: I just uninstalled and am now downloading on NZ acct hopefully that takes care of the crashing
Yikes, definitely let me know if that fixes it.
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,493
Every time you replay a level you see a Video ad.
I'm curious if it's possible to replay for example course 1 although i'm at course 12. because at the beginning I didn't realise that I have to replay every single course to get a better score. Now it seems like I can't go back to the first courses?!

Game Center: sink_or_swim