★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet Zak - a bumbling alien spaceship Janitor and wannabe Flyhunter. Zak is a Zursk- one of three alien species from Burgarol 3. He works on board the Flyhunter Crews legendary spaceship; The Frog but deep down he longs for an exciting adventure of his own.

Somewhere in Earths orbit while the heroic Flyhunters are deep in cryo sleep, The Frogs cargo of super-important insects from the latest hunt is mysteriously jettisoned into Space, crash-landing back on planet Earth. It seems that clumsy Janitor Zak is the only one around to save the day.

Can this accidental hero swap his tiny mop for an epic Fly Swatter and take on the role of daring Flyhunter? Its a good thing Zak is used to cleaning up because he is in a huge mess! Help this little dude complete his mission before The Investors find out their expensive bugs are missing!

Tiny Hero Big Game Massive Adventure!

Flyhunter Origins can only be played on iPhone 5 and upwards, iPad (3rd Generation) and upwards, and iPad Mini (2nd Generation) and upwards. The game is not compatible with iPod Touch.

killercow's comments:

Flyhunter Origins

Ripstone Ltd
Genres: Games Entertainment Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$3.79 NZD

Quote:
Meet Zak; a bumbling alien spaceship Janitor and wannabe Flyhunter. Zak is a “Zursk”- one of three alien species from Burgarol 3. He works on board the Flyhunter Crew’s legendary spaceship; ‘The Frog’ but deep down he longs for an exciting adventure of his own.

Somewhere in Earth’s orbit, while the heroic Flyhunters are deep in cryo sleep; The Frog’s cargo of super-important, exotic insects from the latest hunt is mysteriously jettisoned into Space, crash-landing back on planet Earth! It seems that clumsy Janitor Zak is the only one around to save the day.

Can this accidental hero swap his Sweeping Brush for a super-cool Fly Swatter and take on the role of daring Flyhunter? It’s a good job Zak’s is used to cleaning up – because he’s in a huge mess! Hurry! Help this little dude complete his mission, before “The Investors” find out their expensive bugs are missing!

Tiny Hero – Big Game – Massive Adventure!

Flyhunter Origins is currently best played on iPhone 5 and iPad 3 upwards.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad3G
  • iPadWifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5
  • iPadMini4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 945.8MB

11-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Wow huge file size

So is this a runner or platformer ? Cant see any controls on the left.

Looks interesting, just a bit worried about that huge filesize

Edit - From that video and also the website, seems quiet a few different gametypes, looks impressive. Just watched a video on youtube, looks a great platformer with different types of stages. Not surprised its a huge filesize as you seem to get a lot of content and its got great graphics

Think i need to make room for this one !!

Last edited by psj3809; 11-12-2014 at 07:24 AM.

11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
I just watched a video from E3 (playing on Vita) this year and now my hopes went sky-high that this game could be a little big hit as Dodo Master was, at least for me. Gives me the same good vibes. *crossing fingers*
11-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I just watched a video from E3 (playing on Vita) this year and now my hopes went sky-high that this game could be a little big hit as Dodo Master was, at least for me. Gives me the same good vibes. *crossing fingers*
Yeah thats the game i thought of when i saw the video ! Already making up space ready for this tonight
11-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Here's their teaser trailer from earlier this year. Not sure which platform it was taken from though, since they're also bringing it to PC and Vita

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-12-2014, 03:23 PM
No one tried this yet? Interested to know the installed size
11-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
No one tried this yet? Interested to know the installed size
I can give you the size in ten minutes as i'm downloading right now. Hold your breath...iphone says 2.0 GB !

Last edited by Qwertz555; 11-12-2014 at 07:32 PM.
11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm really surprised this isnt getting more attention, it looks brilliant. it's very hard to find out anything about it though, even through their website/twitter/facebook. Nothing mentions how many levels to expect or anything really. Gonna have to clear some room off somehow and give this a go.

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.

Last edited by Avatre; 11-12-2014 at 07:46 PM.
11-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Twenty minutes in...NO screen orientation and subtitles in german which i can't disable but thank god it has the original funny english voice acting.
The icon looks almost as bad as seen on top of this site. They do themselves absolutely no favor with it.

Left side controls the hero (no button) and the two buttons on the right can't get customized. Though a bit close together, i get along pretty well with them.
The movement needs a bit to adapt, since you can walk very slowly but move your thumb just a bit further and you start running already. Got used to, now i like them.

Humor is great as are the graphics. For me, it has that charming Dodo Master feeling. Since i got rid of my backlog in the last two weeks, i won't buy any other game until i finished this one. Can't really tell how long it is.
11-13-2014, 01:58 AM
This game looks a lot like one of Pangeas adventure games, graphics wise. That's not a bad thing by Any means. Would like to see a few more impressions before clearing 2 gigs to download though