★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PlayStorm
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 151.6 MB
  • Version: 0.71
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Build your own empire and lead your people through centuries and epochs to its true greatness!
The game combines a deep strategic gameplay and simple controls. With just a couple of gestures you can build, fight and innovate.
Which way you'll choose to become the first on the continent? Will you build armies or construct schools? Will you live in war or will you seek peace with your neighbors? Seizure of lands or rapid scientific development?
Whatever you'll choose, your path will not be easy. But it's your time to decide.

Game features
- Colorful graphics and smooth animation
- Intuitive controls
- Great possibilities for diplomatic or war solutions
- All building, citizens and armies need permanents attention and support
- Use special cards to move through epochs
- Build your own wonders of the world and use any game strategy you want

Eli's comments:

Build an Empire

PlayStorm
Genres: Games Strategy Action
Free

Quote:
Build your own empire and lead your people through centuries and epochs to its true greatness!
The game combines a deep strategic gameplay and simple controls. With just a couple of gestures you can build, fight and innovate.
Which way you'll choose to become the first on the continent? Will you build armies or construct schools? Will you live in war or will you seek peace with your neighbors? Seizure of lands or rapid scientific development?
Whatever you'll choose, your path will not be easy. But it's your time to decide.

Game features
- Colorful graphics and smooth animation
- Intuitive controls
- Great possibilities for diplomatic or war solutions
- All building, citizens and armies need permanents attention and support
- Use special cards to move through epochs
- Build your own wonders of the world and use any game strategy you want

Supported Devices:
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 135.9MB

11-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Game Impressions

So I have been playing this game for about an hour. It is enjoyable, but definitely won't be for everyone with all the freemium elements. Think of it as a more basic version of the classic, Civilization, with huge timers and F2P elements, including a premium currency (duh). Another turn off for some people will be the facebook integration. Those with a facebook, and the willingness to connect it to this game will get a huge influx of Power Points, the premium currency. By allowing the game to post (privately) to your wall, you can gain tons of Power Points. I have earned about $50 worth of Power Points from the facebook integration which will give those facebook users a huge boost to their game. For example, I can earn 50 Power Points for sharing an achievement instead of the normal 3, by connecting facebook.

Not sure if anyone else here has played the game, but it's been in soft launch for a year. I just downloaded it today, but I think it has potential. I am not very far into the game so I don't know if it has any real social interactions to it.

Cheers.

11-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't mind freemium, but I can't stand facebook elements. I'm sure I'll download and give it a try though.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Hmm seems it is still in soft lunch as the game is not available in the UK store.
11-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Not out in the us still either.
11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Any word from the dev on this?

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Game Impressions

11-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Anyone know how to attack in this game? lol I go to war but i can't do anything. My troops wont attack the other nation. This game does have potential but I wish the support page was in English...sigh.

Nevermind, it is working for me now. Just a little bug I guess.

Last edited by TywinTheVile; 11-13-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Ok so I constantly poke fun at television commercials for those games that are clearly freemium traps. I swear every one of them starts their advertisement with the phrase "Build your empire" or something similar. Apparently it's a phrase that triggers something in us to play their timer based "pay only 99 cents to make this build faster" games.

I can't help but look at this and think that all illusions were dropped, it looks like they may as well have named it "in app purchase circus."

Am I wrong?
11-16-2014, 11:02 AM
This game is just another pay trap. I have played it the last couple days and it "was" fun. But as I upgraded stuff like -% of beggar respawn they only seem to spawn faster which caused me to run out of supplies.

I have three nations on my borders that loses diplomacy every 2 hrs. So if I had them maxed out at +5 they would be at war with me in 10hrs. To raise +1 you need one to two copper bars that take 20 min each. If I was able to play non stop I could work it but at only a few hrs a day there is no way to advance without hitting a huge pay wall.

I understand these people make better money but really? There is more of a chance I would spend 99 cents for a day of fun but not just so I can make 1 of the 3 nations not attack me for the few hrs I can not play.

Shame too. I was ha icing fun last couple days with this one.