★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Beardy Brothers
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 68.3 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Boasting original artwork by Ian Schofield, Beardy Brothers brings you Fantasy Solitaire!

If you like fantasy and find yourself alone hiding under a bridge from an evil wizards minions with time to kill then this is the solitaire app for you! We recommend you mute your game until the coast is clear.

The cards in this game feature illustrations of Orcs and Undead.

Unlock the Collectors Edition set of cards as you thwart your enemies throughout the game and improve your rank on the Gamecenter Leaderboards.

Fantasy Solitaire features:
- Klondike game rules
- Automatic game save and resume
- Tap to place cards
- Drag and drop cards
- Double-Tap cards for rapid play
- Auto-complete
- Stunning Artwork by Ian Schofield
- Support for Retina Display
- Intuitive Controls
- Online (Gamecenter) and local game scoring
- Online achievements (get them all Achievment Hunters!)
- and many more... too many to list.

Web: www.beardybrothers.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004912339148
Twitter: @BeardyBroGames

Here at Beardy Brothers Games we don't believe in gems or adverts. We do believe in a quality game though and thats what you pay for.

Eli's comments:

Fantasy Solitaire

Beardy Brothers
Genres: Games Card
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$0.99 USD

Quote:
Boasting original artwork by Ian Schofield, Beardy Brothers brings you Fantasy Solitaire!

If you like fantasy and find yourself alone hiding under a bridge from an evil wizards minions with time to kill then this is the solitaire app for you! We recommend you mute your game until the coast is clear.

The cards in this game feature illustrations of Orcs and Undead.

Unlock the Collectors Edition set of cards as you thwart your enemies throughout the game and improve your rank on the Gamecenter Leaderboards.

Fantasy Solitaire features:
- Klondike game rules
- Automatic game save and resume
- Tap to place cards
- Drag and drop cards
- Double-Tap cards for rapid play
- Auto-complete
- Stunning Artwork by Ian Schofield
- Support for Retina Display
- Intuitive Controls
- Online (Gamecenter) and local game scoring
- Online achievements (get them all Achievment Hunters!)
- and many more... too many to list.

Web: www.beardybrothers.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004912339148
Twitter: @BeardyBroGames

Here at Beardy Brothers Games we don't believe in gems or adverts. We do believe in a quality game though and thats what you pay for.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 67.4MB

11-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Artwork looks great, but this appears to be iPad only. Just bought the iPhone 6+ so really disappointed - any chance of a Universal build?

11-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Hmm.. Looks like quite a unique solitaire game. Full Game Center support. Really cool fantasy art style. And I like this - "Here at Beardy Brothers Games we don't believe in gems or adverts. We do believe in a quality game though and thats what you pay for." Gonna try this out. Thanks for posting, Eli!
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Anyone have tried this yet?
11-12-2014, 06:47 PM
It's a great alternative to those lame windows looking solitaire apps with no visual style at all. Looks great! I hope the Devs make it iPhone compatible because while t looks great on the big screen, it's more of a phone on the go style game for me.
11-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Really pretty game. It is straight solitaire, but new card art unlocks as you win game and the GC achievements also add incentive to keep playing. The game lacks music, which would be nice to have and the sound effects are minimal. Regardless, well worth the dollar just to enjoy the exquisite fantasy art.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Really pretty game. It is straight solitaire, but new card art unlocks as you win game and the GC achievements also add incentive to keep playing. The game lacks music, which would be nice to have and the sound effects are minimal. Regardless, well worth the dollar just to enjoy the exquisite fantasy art.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I noticed the lack of music and quiet sound effects too. But still, like you said, you can't beat the price for a solid and somewhat unique solitaire game.
11-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Nice but they need to make it for the iPhone. I'm all in if they can do that.
11-12-2014, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't want game music constantly playing as solitaire can take a while. No matter how much you might initially like it - it would get old quick.

But no SFX? At all?

Is this true? No comforting paper shuffling card effects? Looks great otherwise.

Gameplay can vary between solitaire titles... Some you'll constantly win a suspicious amount of times, other you can barely squeak out an occasional triumph.

Are their Klondike rules variations available? 1 card draw, 3 card, etc?

Art does indeed look great.
11-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
I wouldn't want game music constantly playing as solitaire can take a while. No matter how much you might initially like it - it would get old quick.

But no SFX? At all?

Is this true? No comforting paper shuffling card effects? Looks great otherwise.

Gameplay can vary between solitaire titles... Some you'll constantly win a suspicious amount of times, other you can barely squeak out an occasional triumph.

Are their Klondike rules variations available? 1 card draw, 3 card, etc?

Art does indeed look great.
Yes, there are SFX. They seem quiet though. You get the "comforting paper shuffling card effects".

As for winning chances... I played about 6 or 7 games and didn't win. And I know how to play solitaire. Seems like a realistic luck of the draw card game. So that's a good thing.

It's 3 card draw by default. I'm not sure if there are other variations available...