★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch - CA] Godfinger 2 (by DeNA)

11-13-2014, 11:13 AM
[Soft Launch - CA] Godfinger 2 (by DeNA)

Godfinger 2

DeNA Corp.
Genres: Games Strategy

GodFinger 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the 2010 hit that charmed the App Store with its whimsical world-building fun. Returning to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with greatly enhanced powers, GodFinger 2 features a brand new game engine and exciting new features that let you craft and customize your world to your exact desires. Become powerful enough to choose the elemental affinity of your world, construct great monuments, and control your followers as your abilities grow greater and greater in this ever-evolving game. Be sure to show your might by sending your followers into battle with other players and conquer them for essential resources.

• Create Your Perfect World – Choose your affinity and watch your planet shift to match it. Will you rule a smoky fire planet or freezing ice world?
• Wield Mighty God Powers – Use these powers to shape your planet, reward your followers, and destroy incoming invaders.
• Lead Your Followers – Followers are now more fun than ever! Train new follower types - Barbarians, Archers, Pyromancers, and others - to change their behavior to do your bidding.
• Battle Other Players – Take your followers onto other worlds and use your powers to grab the resources you need to satisfy your whims.
• Defend the Universe – A shadowy menace is encroaching on the happy worlds created by you and your fellow gods. Use your raiding skills to push it back and recollect the resources it has stolen.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 31.9MB

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 11-13-2014 at 11:52 PM.
11-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Whoa! Nice find. I loved the original. Even though they're FTP in all its glory, I'll be playing this.

11-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Nice find!
11-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Game Impressions

11-13-2014, 02:42 PM
I cannot believe this is back! I loved the original.
11-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Of all the things, they added a Clash of Clans clone into it? Man.
11-13-2014, 03:44 PM
I've been playing for a little bit and my initial impression is that I like the old game more. I still miss the old game.

-- There are too many elements on the screen that distract from playing the game. The bottom bar is too big.
-- I prefer the old graphics. The new people look cheap to me and they don't walk directly on the surface of the land anymore.
-- The game feels less intuitive. You have to select what power you want to use now. The old way was to simply touch the ground to resculpt it or drag the rain and thundercloud. It was so simple and less steps.
-- I used to like how the villagers would get tired and then you could restore their energy.
-- I have yet to see if they get tired
-- I have yet to see if there is a sun power which I used to like. It would allow you to restore energy for your villagers and let them bask in the light and praise you.
-- why no Game Center? I had to sign in with Facebook or be a guest. It didn't specify what a guest is. I assume that means no sync across multiple devices
-- have the farm for wood and minerals is boring. I like the old simple system more.
11-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Game Impressions

11-15-2014, 11:30 AM

How do I "place troops in defense slots"? Thanks!
11-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi All,

I'm one of the co-founders of JiggeryPokery - we're the developers of the game. We'll be active here, and on Twitter and the game's Facebook page, and welcome all feedback, good or bad, that you have. I was one of the developers of the original game, so it's been great to work with DeNA to be able to produce the sequel.

It's early days yet, and be assured that we'll be adding adding more features to the game and working to make it the best it can be.

Feel free to email me (see my sig) and I'm on Twitter @wiggo, or post here and we'll see it.

Matthew Wiggins, CEO of JiggeryPokery - developers of GodFinger 2 and more coming soon. Email me!