★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Your favourite virtual pet has evolved. Breed your Hatchis to collect all the different forms.

- Completely new Hatchi app.
- Pick an egg to hatch, feed, clean and watch it evolve.
- Play 9 unique addictive minigames.
- See how your Hatchis evolve.
- Over 25 different Hatchis.
- Breed your pets to discover new types of Hatchi.
- Breed with your friend's Hatchis, and you both get a baby Hatchi.
11-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Downloading now as we speak! I loved the original and I'll leave my first impressions when I can!

11-14-2014, 07:32 PM
As much as I would love this to no end, the "exclusive" Facebook friend concept just turns me off.

Gamecentre is there! Why are we limiting it to FB?

😭
11-14-2014, 11:29 PM
What's wrong with the audio? It's turned on but I hear nothing except for 2 mini games? Did they cut on the audio budget? The game is boring and nothing compared to the first hatchi game.
11-15-2014, 06:20 AM
why the game not universal?

Game Center ID: copaeci
11-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Alright, so after some time with Hatchi 2, I'm very happy with the results. From the get go it's pretty apparent to me that if you weren't interested in the original, this probably won't catch your attention as it doesn't do much to change the basic formula, but does enough to make a player of the old game enjoy it.

The graphics overhaul looks very nice, while maintaining absolutely retro. The Hatchis are all more vibrant and 'alive' even though the actual options and stats have been scaled down a bit.

As far as I can tell, you can bathe, heal, put to sleep (actual sleep, not euthanasia.lol) and feed your Hatchi a variety of foods.

As mentioned above, I wish there was more sound going on, but keeping it classic, and true to tamagotchi form, the only audio that plays is when you're doing an action or playing a mini game, no background tunes, no intro music, which I'm not very fond of, but understand the implementation.

The mini games are my favorite addition, as the original Hatchi had 2+/- , the sequal has 9, and they're all (for the most part) pretty intertaining. There's a match-3, a memory game, a doodle jump clone, and a few others that don't really seem like they'll eat up hours of your time, but are certainly fun enough to enjoy a few minutes at a time, along with the fact that playing them makes your Hatchi happy.

The only aspect of the game I haven't really touched on is the evolution, and breeding, since you can't breed till they're evolved, but it seems to have more branching paths than the original, meaning more possibilities.

I'm excited to start getting more Hatchis and seeing what combinations I can create, and that's really the whole point.

So, all in all, I'm really liking this sequel, and if you enjoyed the original, you'll definitely like this one, and even if you didn't, this may be a big enough change to sway you over.

I'll be posting all the adult versions of my Hatchis when I get them, and I'll try to post all the breeding combinations if I can.

Enjoy the game guys and I hoped this helps!
11-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainjay View Post
Alright, so after some time with Hatchi 2, I'm very happy with the results. From the get go it's pretty apparent to me that if you weren't interested in the original, this probably won't catch your attention as it doesn't do much to change the basic formula, but does enough to make a player of the old game enjoy it.

The graphics overhaul looks very nice, while maintaining absolutely retro. The Hatchis are all more vibrant and 'alive' even though the actual options and stats have been scaled down a bit.

As far as I can tell, you can bathe, heal, put to sleep (actual sleep, not euthanasia.lol) and feed your Hatchi a variety of foods.

As mentioned above, I wish there was more sound going on, but keeping it classic, and true to tamagotchi form, the only audio that plays is when you're doing an action or playing a mini game, no background tunes, no intro music, which I'm not very fond of, but understand the implementation.

The mini games are my favorite addition, as the original Hatchi had 2+/- , the sequal has 9, and they're all (for the most part) pretty intertaining. There's a match-3, a memory game, a doodle jump clone, and a few others that don't really seem like they'll eat up hours of your time, but are certainly fun enough to enjoy a few minutes at a time, along with the fact that playing them makes your Hatchi happy.

The only aspect of the game I haven't really touched on is the evolution, and breeding, since you can't breed till they're evolved, but it seems to have more branching paths than the original, meaning more possibilities.

I'm excited to start getting more Hatchis and seeing what combinations I can create, and that's really the whole point.

So, all in all, I'm really liking this sequel, and if you enjoyed the original, you'll definitely like this one, and even if you didn't, this may be a big enough change to sway you over.

I'll be posting all the adult versions of my Hatchis when I get them, and I'll try to post all the breeding combinations if I can.

Enjoy the game guys and I hoped this helps!
How are you feeding them? I put the food jn front of mine and nothing happens no matter how much I move it around or hold it in front of it's face.
11-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxw245 View Post
How are you feeding them? I put the food jn front of mine and nothing happens no matter how much I move it around or hold it in front of it's face.
My friend is having that exact same issue. I have no problem on my ipod 5. He's using an iphone 4S. I was thinking maybe it is some sorta glitch on screens smaller than iphone/pod 5s.
11-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Nug View Post
My friend is having that exact same issue. I have no problem on my ipod 5. He's using an iphone 4S. I was thinking maybe it is some sorta glitch on screens smaller than iphone/pod 5s.
Yeah, even on my iPhone 5 it has to be right on their mouths, so it could definitely have to do with different resolutions
11-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Nug View Post
Yeah that's gotta be it, I'm on an iPhone 4. I hope it gets fixed soon.