Game Center bug? High scores disappearing

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by DocPop, Nov 14, 2014.

1. DocPop

DocPop Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Game Designer and Sound Designer For IgorLabs
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey guys, we've been running into some really weird Game Center bugs with our Knifetank: The Hauntening game. They are so weird, that I'm guessing they have to be on Game Center's side, but if anyone has suggestions for fixes we could do, that'd be great.

The main issues seem to be on our speed run leaderboard. We've set it up so that players can compete to finish our game and compare scores. This seems to work normal at first, but then scores will sometimes disappear. Two days ago I had a speed of 32 seconds, but it stopped showing up in my Game Center leader board after about 24 hours. Some scores have stayed up there, but I'm hearing from other players that they are each seeing different sets of scores. One player says he sees himself listed twice in the leaderboard (which should not be possible). He sent me a screen shot and it's missing a few of the high scores I see in the global ranking.

I love how replayable we've made our game by adding these speed runs, but it breaks my heart to see my high score is missing.

Is this a common bug? Is it possible this is a bug in our app and not in Game Center?