★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

grigori Stones [Free]

11-14-2014, 09:47 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,506
grigori Stones [Free]

Haven't loaded it yet but I've had my eyes on this:


11-14-2014, 10:22 PM
#2
I do like this, but iap are a little complicated and dare I say expensive. As a guy who always wants EVERYTHING that an app has to offer when I lay down the cash, (ie I don't like the feeling I'm not getting the complete package when I buy something) upwards of $50 (to buy tile sets and factions) is a bit steep for me for an unknown and fairly basic board game. Dont get me wrong, I DO think there's something worth paying for here, and maybe with an overall price of 5 to 7 dollars I wouldn't blink. But that's just me, check it out for yourselves if you're interested cause there's a cool little game here hidden away behind a (IMO) big price tag.

11-14-2014, 11:15 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Anarchy View Post
I do like this, but iap are a little complicated and dare I say expensive. As a guy who always wants EVERYTHING that an app has to offer when I lay down the cash, (ie I don't like the feeling I'm not getting the complete package when I buy something) upwards of $50 (to buy tile sets and factions) is a bit steep for me for an unknown and fairly basic board game. Dont get me wrong, I DO think there's something worth paying for here, and maybe with an overall price of 5 to 7 dollars I wouldn't blink. But that's just me, check it out for yourselves if you're interested cause there's a cool little game here hidden away behind a (IMO) big price tag.
Hard to go wrong for free, eh?
11-15-2014, 12:22 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,768
Looks like there is some free things but still a significant amount of IAP unless I am seeing so things wrong.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-15-2014, 12:28 AM
#5
From what I can gather you can play 'custom' games and earn extra tiles (for use in those custom games) for free. But if you want the campaigns ( 3 of them I think) you're going to have to pay a substantial amount. It's a shame cause if you could get the whole lot for under 10 bucks I'd probably buy it. As it stands it's a little too much for my wallet. Great entry price though so nothing stopping anyone from checking it out and deciding themselves.
11-15-2014, 05:17 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Anarchy View Post
From what I can gather you can play 'custom' games and earn extra tiles (for use in those custom games) for free. But if you want the campaigns ( 3 of them I think) you're going to have to pay a substantial amount. It's a shame cause if you could get the whole lot for under 10 bucks I'd probably buy it. As it stands it's a little too much for my wallet. Great entry price though so nothing stopping anyone from checking it out and deciding themselves.
Aww schucks
11-15-2014, 07:28 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 19
Not for iOS 8

It doesn't seem to work on iOS 8, stuck at loading assets forever.
11-15-2014, 10:14 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 8
Hey everyone -- Developer here.

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. Just to address a couple things:

1) You can actually play the entire campaign while earning every single tile in the game for free. The campaign unlocks are just for folks who want to skip all that and go straight for the custom tilesets and such. It sounds like I need to make that clearer, so thanks for the heads up.

2) It should work just fine on iOS 8. In fact, all of my devices are currently iOS 8. So, there must be something else strange going on with your asset loading. If you've got the patience, send me a DM and we'll try to work out whatever is wrong because if you're having the issue, chances are that someone will too.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys. This is great!

- Luis

P.S. I should also add there are 6 total campaign chapters -- You unlock all the factions and tiles by the end of the third chapter. And, over the course of playing through all of them, you'll get to play as each faction against each other faction. This way, you can get a good feel for each of their strengths and weaknesses for when you go off into "challenge your friend" play. All told, there's about 6 hours of campaign gameplay there for me (tho, keep in mind that since I made it, I can beat the AI first try almost every time, even on the really complicated levels), so I'm estimating upwards of 10 hours for a normal person to play through the entire campaign.

P.P.S. Also, maybe it's just because I wrote it, but I think the writing throughout the campaign is really good. So, I'm eager to get opinions from other folks.

The Grigori Stones
The children of Fallen Angels are rampaging through a victorian-inspired world filled with Vampires, Zombies, and Werewolves. Wage war in this Stratego/Mahjong mashup of a collectible tile-based game. http://grigoristones.com.

Last edited by CruzGames; 11-15-2014 at 10:28 AM.
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
It doesn't seem to work on iOS 8, stuck at loading assets forever.
Sorry, my mistake, it does work on iOS 8, you just need some more free space. Not too much, just a bit more than the games I usually play.