★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Toy Bot Diaries Free -- Hints for the Ending?

12-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Toy Bot Diaries Free -- Hints for the Ending?

I've reached the end of the free version of Toy Bot Diaries, and am completely baffled by two puzzles in the last level. Maybe they're related? I can't seem to find much info about this over the web or in these forums, so if you've played it... (highlight the text below)

1. The "bottom" of the level has some danger signs and, to my left, what appears to be an electric river. When I first come to it, I can see that there are two large red bowling balls on the river. What is this about? Am I supposed to try to go all the way left? I've tried grabbing and throwing every possible item in the level onto that river, to provide "lifeboats" for me to use for crossing over. This works (eventually!) -- I can get to the large bowling balls, but then I have no idea what to do.

2. In another part of the level, I use three quarters to open a door, which leads me to the "top left corner" of the level. There, I can push another bowling ball off a ramp. Why is this even there? Are the two puzzles related?

I can end the level without answering either of these questions, but I feel like they wouldn't be there without a good reason. Any help?

Thanks!
12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daharrin View Post
I've reached the end of the free version of Toy Bot Diaries, and am completely baffled by two puzzles in the last level. Maybe they're related? I can't seem to find much info about this over the web or in these forums, so if you've played it... (highlight the text below)

1. The "bottom" of the level has some danger signs and, to my left, what appears to be an electric river. When I first come to it, I can see that there are two large red bowling balls on the river. What is this about? Am I supposed to try to go all the way left? I've tried grabbing and throwing every possible item in the level onto that river, to provide "lifeboats" for me to use for crossing over. This works (eventually!) -- I can get to the large bowling balls, but then I have no idea what to do.

2. In another part of the level, I use three quarters to open a door, which leads me to the "top left corner" of the level. There, I can push another bowling ball off a ramp. Why is this even there? Are the two puzzles related?

I can end the level without answering either of these questions, but I feel like they wouldn't be there without a good reason. Any help?

Thanks!

at the top of the electric river you will see a couple of rings. so just get on the ring and you will see more rings. there is nothing special once you get to the end, but you will find a memory piece.
12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
AndyL: thanks. I thought I might have seen those rings from another view of the level, but down by the river I had trouble seeing them to grab them. I'll take another look.

So the other bowling ball -- just an exercise? Doesn't do anything?
12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daharrin View Post

Thanks!
I don't remember your no. 2 scenario, but for no. 1 (highlight text) you can also just walk on top of the bowling ball... if you stand at the right spot on top of it, it will start rolling, then just keep yourself centred so you don't fall on the live floor. I don't think this is related to your no. 2 scenario.