★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Haunted LCD is a throwback from the good old days when LCD games reigned. In Haunted LCD you are trying to defend your house from being overrun from the evils of the night. Armed with only your trusted flashlight you must keep the monsters at bay till the morning comes. Don't get too comfortable as your batteries won't last the night. When they get too low you will be powerless against the enemy in the dark. Fortunately you just installed the Super Charger 3000. It will charge your flashlight batteries in the blink of an eye.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-09-2009, 04:44 AM
looks cool, couldn't find a video

09-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I've been enjoying the old Game&Watch style games... but this one seems to be totally missing any background art.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-09-2009, 06:23 AM
interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I've been enjoying the old Game&Watch style games... but this one seems to be totally missing any background art.
I agree, it is too plain. Some background like a moon, and some indication of a ground is needed.
09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
i would have liked to have seen a screen shot of the instruction screen

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
09-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
i would have liked to have seen a screen shot of the instruction screen
or even better, a youtube clip
09-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
I agree, it is too plain. Some background like a moon, and some indication of a ground is needed.
Agree, looks weird on an iDevice. I cannot find words for it's artwork, i guess it looks cheap and with a big lack of talent. Even for an oldstyle game could've used some color
09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
I just emailed the dev so hopefully they will come and join us in the thread.

Quote:
Quote:
09-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I gotta give him bonus piunts for including the "shadows" of the characters movements even when they aren't occupying that space. That's a really nice touch and totally realistic to games from that era.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm not sure what a video would do for you. Either you get these kinds of games or you don't. Just by looking at the screens I can tell that the Ghosts and Skulls will move toward you horizontally and you, the "hero", will have to be there when they reach the last space in order to zap them with your flashlight beam. I would asume if you're not there, they make it into the house, you get "scared" and lose one of your lives. As the level progresses, the ghouls will move faster.

Last edited by KSC; 09-09-2009 at 08:30 AM.