★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Really epic games with epic stories.........

09-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Really epic games with epic stories.........

We've really seen some pretty amazing games so far for the iPhone, lots which have moved into the third dimension. Games like Modern Combat, Rolando and Real Racing really are the greatest examples of great iPhone gaming,

But we really need to see some really cinematic and epic games on the iPhone, which lots of gamers are really waiting for. Epic games on other platforms include:
  • Prince of Persia series
  • Final Fantasy Series
  • Portal
  • Half Life
  • Assassin's Creed

What d'you think?
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram View Post
We've really seen some pretty amazing games so far for the iPhone, lots which have moved into the third dimension. Games like Modern Combat, Rolando and Real Racing really are the greatest examples of great iPhone gaming,

But we really need to see some really cinematic and epic games on the iPhone, which lots of gamers are really waiting for. Epic games on other platforms include:
  • Prince of Persia series
  • Final Fantasy Series
  • Portal
  • Half Life
  • Assassin's Creed

What d'you think?
I hope so! There's already Portal in development though, so we can look forward to that. I'd LOVE to see an FF game like Crisis Core Final Fantasy or even a port. That game was one of my favourite PSP games, such a good storyline and I almost cried at the ending I wish the Assassin's Creed (The one on the appstore by gameloft) had a better storyline, it's kinda bad
actually.

Prince of Persia might be possible, gameloft did the Prince of Persia ports for the other mobile phones so I don't see why not port it over to the iPhone/iPod touch. But the PoP on the other mobile phones was a 2D side scroller, I hope Gameloft uses the MC:S or even the Hero of Sparta engine and make a full 3D one. I'd also love a Mirror's Edge on the iPhone (Not the flash one)

10chars

09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd love to see Final Fantasy III (That's the American III, Japanese VI) or Final Fantasy Tactics brought to the Iphone.
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Fallout "Trilogy"

And by that I mean

Fallout
Fallout II
and
Fallout Tactics

All of which should be doable on the iPhone / iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Killa Kitties From Compton. Epic in every sense of the word.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd give up my other kidney to have a new final fantasy on my ipod!!
09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Resident Evil 4 has an epic story, told by mediocre "cutscenes" with godawful translation.
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I would like to see more God of War-like games or something like Tomb Raider would be fun :-)
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Kingdom Hearts.
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Halo had a really good story, no chance on the iPhone though.

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.