★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fly into bullet hell, Bug Princess Duel!
- Return of original top-down bullet hell shooter game has returned.

Play along side world's best players! Can you avoid them all?!
Reco & Palm along with new friends begin a grand new adventure.

==============================================

Features:

Real-time 2 Player Multiplay
- Just like when you played next to your friend in an arcade

New epic storyline with all new characters
- Many brand new characters are introduced and new storyline unfolds

Special match, World Championship!
- Show the world that you are the best player!

Direct Port of the Original
- Direct port of renowned shooting game developer, CAVE.
- Original for newbies and Maniac mode for veterans.

Enhanced Social Gameplay
- You can send your friends speical Gem gifts everyday.
- Make friends and compete for a prize.
- Worldwide ranking system.

Customer Service
e-mail: bugprincess@toast.com

For more info and all the latest news check out Bug Princess Duel on TOAST USA Facebook

https://www.facebook.comToastUSAGames

TOAST Website: http://www.toast.com/

Terms of Service : https://tid.toast.com/toastTermAgreeGlobal.nhn

Privacy Policy : https://tid.toast.com/toastPrivacyTermAgreeGlobal.nhn

iOS In-App Purchase Notice:
PLEASE NOTE: Bug Princess Duel has some in-game items that can be purchased using real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Contains direct links to the Internet.

strivemind's comments:

11-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Sad Day

Sad to see Cave go this direction..garbage IAP mechanics in the service of greed. Deleted.

11-17-2014, 02:21 AM
I have to download and check for myself, i mean its Cave

Btw, anyone knows what happened to that other free-to-play Cave game that was teased about a year ago?

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
11-17-2014, 04:01 AM
IAP's are one thing but why do we have to have this....

"Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Contains direct links to the Internet."

Who are the people who must spam their facebook/twitter for companies ? Do people really do that ? Presume they must do as nearly every app has a 'let us spam your facebook/twitter....' button. So frustrating

Love Cave games and can get past the IAP's but wish this was an offline single player game
11-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
I have to download and check for myself, i mean its Cave ...
That's what i did...online with all that garbage...deleted. Sad, indeed.
11-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Wow. What. A. Shame. Seeing great companies sell out just because they want to make quick bucks the fastest.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
11-17-2014, 05:12 AM
F2P games usually require a constant connection so we can't cheat the timers and daily rewards. the studio can use the servers clocks instead of the devices (or program a clock into the code), and so we can't airplane mode away all the ads. Yes. A constant connection is to keep us honest, they wouldn't want us stealing from the thieves.
I understand that Cave wants to turn a profit, and can't fault them for that...but what's sad is this game will not be successful as F2P. This does not appeal to the casual F2P lover who thinks they are playing "free" games, but buys a $20 currency pack every Friday. This appeals to us who buy $10 premium games if they're done right. We'll see, but I suspect they would have made more money charging for it. Of course, this is all conjecture - I haven't tried this yet.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-17-2014 at 05:16 AM.
11-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Low quality sprite, Bad frame rate and speed, Omitted effects,
full of IAP, broken scoring system, unstopable music... etc...

They ruined Masterpiece...

Last edited by asaw2; 11-17-2014 at 05:37 AM.
11-17-2014, 05:33 AM
I think one of the problems is longevity. Look at those wonderful games you may have for your ps2 collection. Pop it in and play. Whenever you want. With these free games, you'll need to make sure you have an Internet and then if you want to keep playing after a while you might hit a timer. Or run into an ultra hard boss that needs the best items to beat. Best items might be rare drops which require gambling with real money. This is true for most free games. They have to force you to hit a wall because of you're not paying they don't like you. There are a few that only use ads as revenue but those are hard to come by.

Hell even the companies of old didn't care if you used a game shark. Now they want to make sure they're bleeding every drop off money from you.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
11-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I think one of the problems is longevity. Look at those wonderful games you may have for your ps2 collection. Pop it in and play. Whenever you want. With these free games, you'll need to make sure you have an Internet and then if you want to keep playing after a while you might hit a timer. Or run into an ultra hard boss that needs the best items to beat. Best items might be rare drops which require gambling with real money. This is true for most free games. They have to force you to hit a wall because of you're not paying they don't like you. There are a few that only use ads as revenue but those are hard to come by.

Hell even the companies of old didn't care if you used a game shark. Now they want to make sure they're bleeding every drop off money from you.
They didn't care if you used a game shark because they knew if you were using one then you already paid them their $50. There was no more money to be made from you, until the sequel was released. This concept doesn't work in mobile nearly as well. We play in lots of small little bursts. They will see that we pay the same way.