★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GBA4iOS 2.1 is now available on iOS 8.1!!

11-17-2014, 12:53 AM
GBA4iOS 2.1 is now available on iOS 8.1!!

Hey everyone, I've got some really awesome news! I just found out that GBA4iOS lives on AFTER iOS 8.1!! Apparently, the creator found another loophole by making the new version (v 2.1) available as an "open beta." I just downloaded it from the site below, and it works beautifully on iOS 8.1.

http://iemulators.com/

I took this screenshot of the info the website provides in case you need a little visual proof. Enjoy!

Mods: I also posted this in the old GBA4iOS thread earlier. I don't think the word has really made it out about this yet, so I'm trying to inform as many people as possible in the event that this loophole gets closed up too. If you need to delete this thread or merge any future replies into the old one I completely understand. I'm just trying to help spread the word.
11-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Attention: i couldn't download it from there. Be careful as there are of course the "Download now" buttons, that take you to install toolbars instead of GBA.
When i clicked on GBA, the above screen came up and it said "install" on the bottom, i clicked it and nothing happened. Hope i didn't mess up anything at least.
Only thing i managed to download was some skins, but not the app itself... If i'm doing something wrong, do tell.
11-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Attention: i couldn't download it from there. Be careful as there are of course the "Download now" buttons, that take you to install toolbars instead of GBA.
When i clicked on GBA, the above screen came up and it said "install" on the bottom, i clicked it and nothing happened. Hope i didn't mess up anything at least.
Only thing i managed to download was some skins, but not the app itself... If i'm doing something wrong, do tell.
Strange. I'm not sure which browser you use, but Safari worked the best for me when installing it (iCab Mobile would never do a complete download). Also, I had to ok two different popups to complete the install. The initial popup said "install," and then a few seconds later I got a second popup to confirm (if I remember correctly). The first time I was so excited that I minimized the browser after only addressing the first popup. And, to my surprise, nothing got installed. The next time I tried I waited, and that's when I noticed the second popup. Hope this helps!

Last edited by macatron; 11-17-2014 at 01:51 AM.
11-17-2014, 01:55 AM
thanks, will try again later!
11-17-2014, 02:43 AM
So, can anyone explains how this "trick" works? On ios 7 the provisioning file of this 2.1 is dated until october 2015.. So after that, we cannot use it again in ios 8.1?

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android

Last edited by chaos_envoys; 11-17-2014 at 02:45 AM.