★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: - - - Best Danish Game - Nominee DGA 2015 - - -

Skater Dash is a fast paced arcade game in the side-scrolling endless runner genre. With beautiful stylized pixel art, hip music and fun gameplay.

NO Ads
NO Pay-To-Win
NO Pay-For-In-Game-Items
NO Pay-to-Play (Pay-To-Skip-Waiting)
Just a genuine free game without all the bull****!
Play single player or play against other players in versus mode
Challenge friends for real-money in versus mode, based on skills, the winner takes it all

Skate your way through 4 different worlds: The dangerous subway, the high skyline of the city, the mysterious urban metro and the sky-high bridge. Dash the cops and try to escape.

Choose your skater, Dante or Dina. Collect coins and weapons such as yoyos and spray cans. Unlock and upgrade weapons to become a better skater.

Features:
- Action Packed runner with easy tap controls
- DASH the cops
- JUMP over obstacles
- COLLECT coins
- Pick up energy shields
- Multiply your coins, by dashing cops in a row
- Unlock and upgrade weapons
- Skate through 4 different worlds
- Challenge your friends for real-money in versus mode
- Achievements & leaderboards on Game Center
- Share replays with your friends

IMPORTANT NOTICE AND PARENTAL ADVISORY

This game contains:
- PvP Versus Mode where players compete for real-money which requires minimum age of 18 and need log-in.

- People who are in jurisdictions and countries that does not allow skill-based cash games have restricted access because the game includes IP and GPS geoblocking.

- Everybody have always access to play the single player mode that does not contain skill-based Real Money challenges. Geoblocking ensures people who are in jurisdictions and countries that does not allow

DennisJensen's comments:

Launch trailer:

This is our first game released on iOS, so we are really excited about the game. We hope you will give it a chance and check it out.

We have partnered with Hojio, which enable players to challenge each other in an online PvP mode for real money. You can compete against peers for the best score and win 1 or 5. It's a huge risk for us since the game doesn't have ads, payment walls etc.

The gameplay also offers a single player mode for you to practice before challenging your peers. This mode is available for all ages.

We would love to get any feedback in order to improve the gaming experience.

Thank you

11-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Hi you guys,

I'm a bit sad nobody commented :/ But maybe that will change today.

It's our first real game release, and the first day was a bit mixed. In our home country Denmark, we got ranked 27 in games > Sports, 108 in games > Arcade.

It's so cool to see people playing it. Of course there is some bugs, but hopefully people is okay with that for now.

Anyway, feedback is very welcome.

/Dennis

Dennis Jensen - Game Designer, Artist
http://2ndstudio.dk - Games 'n' Stuff

11-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Downloading now. I love skateboarding games, so fingers crossed.
11-18-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't understand how you can offer:

"The game features a new monetization model with PvP challenges, which makes it unique because there are NO ads, NO pay-to-win, NO pay-to-skip waiting, NO payment walls, NO pay for upgrades or any nonsense like that. Skater Dash is published on iOS and is one of the first games to feature Real Money challenges between players in an online multiplayer game.".

What's in it for your company? Anyway I'll give it a try.
11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
@NOEN
Awesome ! I hope it lives up to your expectations.

@rich_952000
Cool!

Let's say you play against me for 1 euro, the winner will win 2 euro. There is a fee however for each versus game. And the fee goes to us.

11-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Wait... so that's basically betting, right? O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I like the idea. The problem is the game is horrible.
11-19-2014, 04:23 AM
@Exact-Psience
Yeah. We also had to block the versus content in a lot of states/countries.

@Lazer Kat
Hi Lazer Kat, I'm sorry you don't like the game. If you have any specific feedback we would love to look at it. However saying that our game is horrible is something we can't use at all. You need to be more specific.

11-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJensen View Post
@Exact-Psience
Yeah. We also had to block the versus content in a lot of states/countries.

@Lazer Kat
Hi Lazer Kat, I'm sorry you don't like the game. If you have any specific feedback we would love to look at it. However saying that our game is horrible is something we can't use at all. You need to be more specific.
You're completely right, and I apologize for that. How about this? I will play it for an hour or so this weekend, and give constructive criticism.
Up front I can tell you this:

The game just doesn't feel right. There are two buttons, jump and the other one which makes your guy move forward quickly. I have no idea what that's even used for. I assumed it was an attack, but it does no damage. Also, the jumps feel off...but that could be due to level design. I'll play and go into more detail later.
11-20-2014, 03:41 AM
@Lazer Kat
That's sounds great.

The other button is dash, but of course if you didn't get that we must have done something wrong.

I know the endless runner genre isn't the most popular in the game dev community. This was original a work for hire job where the client felt short. We decided to publish the game ourselves to get some experience. However if we where to make a small casual game for our selves we would have taken a lot of different choices.

If the game gets some downloads we want to keep developing on it at try to turn it into a different kind of runner. So it's not just another runner but that it has some meat on it.