★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NFS: Shift First Screenshots!

07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
NFS: Shift First Screenshots!

Check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tAHc8kK9Ds&feature=fvw

Looks AMAZING!!! Due out in Sept.

Quote:
Need for Speed: Shift in development for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and there is a separate version to the PSP, iPhone and other mobile phones. It is a different game than we are of the franchise. Instead of an arcade racer, it is a true racing sim.

The game comes out September 17. Electronic Arts has released some screenshots of the PC and console versions. Like what you've seen?
http://shift.needforspeed.com/us
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
At the Keynote today! Looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim View Post
5 New Screenshots!!!

Car List:

BMW M3 GT2

Volkswagen Golf GTI

Mazda RX-8

Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION

Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Porsche Cayman S

Nissan 370Z (Z34)

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)

Dodge Challenger Concept

Ford Shelby GT500

Audi R8 4.2 FSI quattro

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

Ford GT

Porsche 911 GT2

Lamborghini Murciélago LP640

Pagani Zonda F

Aston Martin Racing DBR9

Maserati MC12 GT1

Damn! EA and Gameloft are really the top iPhone developers. Ngmoco's working their way up. They only have these 5 star titles: Star Defense, Rolando 2, and the third one will be Eliminate. That's probably cause they're perfectionists!

Last edited by salsamd; 12-12-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
That looks fairly epic

Think it'll come out for iDevices?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
That looks fairly epic

Think it'll come out for iDevices?
Read the description of the video on the right

Twitter: @Zincous
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
yeah that's the video for the console one and xplay talked about how that's in game graphics, but in the description it says its coming out on the iphone, maybe need for speed will actually make another good game

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
real racing is better ^^

Game Center ID: Vragal
Twitter
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
That looks soo effin awsome! Hopfully the iPhone version will have the same graphics etc... That looks so awsome. I was about to pick of NFS but now I wont
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Read the description of the video on the right
reading...of course...why didn't I think of that

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM
i wonder if they will make it realistic and change it up so it can compete with real racing.

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
well since nfs is mainly aimed at consoles, they made it so its more realistic its gonna have damage(like in dirt) and its gonna be first person view where your guy will actually shift and turn the wheel as you turn the joystick, im sure the iphone version will be trimmed down a lot, but i think it will be somewhat like real racing is, which would be quite good if they can pull it off, because real racing is amazing compared to other racers on the phone, but im looking forward to nfs on the console and on the iphone.

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I was always more of a fan of the NFS: Underground games, then Midnight Club took those over for me.. There hasn't been a whole lot of other NFS games that I really liked, but this one might be cool on the iDevices. The Undercover one was allright. Still have yet to buy Real Racing. Need teh monies >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.