★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Monument Valley 3.99$ -> FREE - (android)

11-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Monument Valley 3.99$ -> FREE - (android)

For all the android users out there, the free app of the day on Amazon App Store is Monument Valley.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=mas_fad_img

Go get it, if you can stand having the Amazon app store running on your device, this is a wonderful deal no one should miss out on!

Playing: Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot, Gridlee (hint hint), Ski Safari, Super Hexagon, 9th Dawn, NOT Wayward Souls and Hearthstone...
11-19-2014, 04:08 AM
I don't know if this is the case here, but if I was a developer and Amazon just gives my game for free I would feel disrespected.

11-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
I don't know if this is the case here, but if I was a developer and Amazon just gives my game for free I would feel disrespected.
I highly doubt that ustwo would have had nothing to do with this. C'mon, let's not be silly.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-19-2014, 04:33 AM
I never used Amazon App Store, what do I need to do for this?
11-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
I never used Amazon App Store, what do I need to do for this?
Well, if you have an Android device, just download the Amazon App Store, or whatever it's called.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I highly doubt that ustwo would have had nothing to do with this. C'mon, let's not be silly.
I guess you didn't read it well. I'm not saying it is the case, but it could be since the game, just like Wayward Souls weeks before, have never been free before anywhere. And making games for free without developers' consent is something they can do (https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/legal/da).
11-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Quote:
I guess you didn't read it well. I'm not saying it is the case, but it could be since the game, just like Wayward Souls weeks before, have never been free before anywhere. And making games for free without developers' consent is something they can do (https://developer.amazon.com/appsand...pport/legal/da).
While it's something they can do (sorry, I'm pretty busy and don't have time to read everything there), they probably don't. IIRC (and forgive me if I'm mistaken), Wayward Souls going free was out of Rocketcat's hands as Noodlecake were the publishers of the Android version. i dunno lol

11-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Great! I'll have an android tablet coming tonight
11-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Quote:
But they don't "just give" your game away for free. Amazon and the developer or publisher makes an agreement for the promotion.
Not sure if Amazon actually pays the dev for the "lost sales", but in the end is completely agreed by both parts.
Also Amazon gives the spotlight to lesser known gems, and potentially grants more sales in the long run.

Playing: Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot, Gridlee (hint hint), Ski Safari, Super Hexagon, 9th Dawn, NOT Wayward Souls and Hearthstone...
11-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Didn't even know it was available on Android. It it an Amazon App Store exclusive?