★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Relive the Saints historic road to their first Super Bowl victory with Madden NFL 10 on your iPod touch® and iPhone®. See why Chris Holt, Macworld says: "Madden NFL 10 looks to be one of the best sports games to come to the iPhone...."

Madden NFL 10 on the iPhone is hands-down the best football experience on the platform.
- Levi Buchanan, IGN Wireless

Madden NFL 10 has it all.
- Tracy Erickson, PocketGamer

Play head-to-head with your friends with live Bluetooth Multiplayer. Theres no NFL experience on the App Store that can match it!

Run nearly 300 plays as you dominate with your own dives, spins, jukes, and sprints. Use Action Control Time to slo-mo the play and choose your best move.

Exclusive to MADDEN NFL 10, use intuitive touchscreen controls to draw up your very own passing routes on screen!

Amp up the game with expert insights from the legendary John Madden, Tom Hammond, and Cris Collinsworth.

Manage rosters packed with nearly 2,000 players from all 32 NFL teams. Control depth charts. Make trades. Grab free-agents. You run the show.

Take your team through the rigors & rewards of an entire season, complete with full stat tracking, player awards, and, of course, the Super Bowl.

Load in seconds and get ready for kickoff. If you quit out, boot right back up where you left off, with no delays.
TETRIS®, Rock Band®, SCRABBLE, Need for Speed Undercover, MONOPOLY & RISK

COMING SOON: Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports & SimCity Deluxe

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more
VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

International Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330334600&mt=8

Early Impressions
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
runs great on a 3g...
i have both nfl...and now madden. and i must say i like madden A LOT more than nfl.....im not any kind of madden fanboy er anything like that. i dont even really care to watch er play football....but i do enjoy playing football games. i dont think i was built for football.haha
but yes.....madden seems a lot easier to play than the other.everythings smooth as butter.....quick load times....easy(responsive) controls....smooth graphics/animations.

Originally Posted by Extol View Post
Pick it up and started a game. So far load times and the over all look of the app is very good..

Game plays like a water down madden game. Think PsP here but with touch screen.
Runs great on my 3gs. no slow downs at all.
Kick system is not bad or the passing system. The running and trying other parts of the game will take some work to be really good at. But so far controls feel right.
Game looks really good kind of in the middle of psp and DS.
Sounds isn't to bad but i am at work so i only turn it on for a min.
You can skip replays and so on by taping the screen(like this a lot)
over all its madden on your phone in pretty good 3d and controls!! what more could you ask for?
Originally Posted by Hodapp
First and foremost, Madden NFL 10 includes all of the NFL players, teams, and stadiums. Around 2000 players are in the game in addition to 200 free agents, and all of these players can be freely traded between teams. Whether you want to follow the real NFL trades and move players around based on the official rosters, or just turn your favorite team in to a dream team of the best players, EA says Madden NFL 10's team management can handle it.

Madden NFL 10 was specifically designed by EA's mobile team, which means it plays nicely as an iPhone game. If you get a phone call, need to answer a text message, or quit the game for some other reason, Madden NFL 10 saves the play you were on and reloads right back at the start of the play without any fumbling around with menus, intros, etc. EA also says they have really put a lot of emphasis on play time. Every cut scene, non-essential player animation, or instant replay can be skipped simply by tapping the screen. While there is a lot of fluff in the game, it's all quickly and easily skipped.

While behaving as a good iPhone app is nice, there were two other feature that I thought really stood out: Action Control Time and Hot Routes.

Madden's "Action Control Time" seems to work so well it wouldn't surprise me if we see a lot more sports games imitating it:. When you're playing regularly, the game runs at normal speed, and while on offense you have buttons to sprint and spin. With Action Control Time enabled, however, the game slows down, and additional controls appear allowing you to do things like juking to the left or to the right. The ability to slow things down allows for extremely precise player movements and changes the game from being action oriented, to a more tactical experience as you're able to avoid tackles exactly when you need to, as well as make for the clearest path you can see to the end zone instead of just catching the ball, running forward, and mashing spin as many times as you can.

Playing defense in Action Control Time works just as well, and with it enabled you can jump for balls, dive tackle, or even go in for a big hit– A move that has a high risk of missing, but offers a higher chance of the opposing player fumbling. Again, slowing things down allows for a much more precise defensive attack instead of just switching to whatever player is closest to the one with the ball and mashing tackle.

The other cool feature of Madden NFL 10 is "Hot Routes". Before the snap, you can press the Hot Routes button and redraw the path of any of your players with your finger on the screen, you can even make nonsensical zigzags and they will follow your every command. This takes the 300 included plays and lets you customize them any way you want.

Passes are controled by tapping on icons appearing above your receivers heads that range from red to green depending on how open they are. When it's time to kick, the kicking controls work just like swinging in Tiger Woods PGA Tour. A kicking interface appears on the right hand side of the screen, you drag your finger down to determine the power, then swipe back up to determine the accuracy of where you aimed. All of the player AI, detailed player attributes, and all the other inner workings are in place to allow you to do things like simulate games when playing in season mode instead of playing through each game yourself. And If you're a football statistics nerd, there are a stupid amount of different statistics being tracked with every play you make in Madden NFL 10.

My brief time with Madden NFL 10 was spent on an iPhone 3GS, though I was assured that they've developed the game to run well across the entire iPhone and iPod Touch family. Madden NFL 10 doesn't require 3.0, although you do need it if you want to access your music from inside the game.

We'll have the opportunity to spend more time with the game now that it's been released, but it's overall a really impressive package that we expect football fans will love. EA has also announced that a soon to come update will support "multiplayer". Madden has been launched at $7.99 as a one day sale, and will go up to the full price of $9.99 on Thursday evening.
Big Albie review conclusions... (Click this to see full review)
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Overall, Madden 10 has better playability than NFL 2010 in terms of controls, the depth of the playbook and the full NFL rosters. Caveats aside, Madden 10’s use of Hot Routes and Action Control Time are innovative, and the gameplay make it the best football experience you can get on the platform.

Albie Meter: 4.5 Stars (recommended for football fans who want depth and playability and for those who don’t have Madden 10 on PSP; innovative touches such as the Action Control Time and Hot Routes need to balanced with the lack of difficulty settings, no play clock, quirky commentary)
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM

09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Not out in the UK. I hope it's just taking a while and it's not only out in North America.
09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
$7.99 is the sale price???!???!?!?
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
downloading now!
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
that thread was the link to the podcas...I though it was the game it's self.
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
Not out in the UK. I hope it's just taking a while and it's not only out in North America.
nooonot aagain same happened with gamelofts version of NFL
i so hope they release it in UK
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM

09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I will play some and post thoughts shortly..

And yes it will be available outside the US, EA confirmed it via Twitter last week.

Favorites: Real Racing - FIFA - Low Grav 2 - Skies of Glory - GT Motor Academy - Rogue Planet - F.A.S.T. - Command&Conquer - Tiger Woods - Jet Car Stunts - Real Tennis - Star Battalion - Seven Swords
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Not available in asia yet