★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Restaurant Bigwig (By Bigwig Games)

11-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Restaurant Bigwig (By Bigwig Games)

Hey,

Developer here for Restaurant Bigwig.

A friend of mine said to post here about the game. I'm trying to figure out how to reach more game players and begin making improvements and updates.

I'd like to gift 10 copies of the game to you guys here in toucharcade. The first 10 people to message me I'll gift you the game. Side note: The apple store only lets me gift to players in the USA - does anybody know another way for me to gift games to players outside the US?

Let me know if you have any questions and or ideas below.

Cheers!

Here is the itunes link: app info below.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/restaurant-bigwig/id698664990?mt=8

11-20-2014, 09:47 AM
The developer gave me a code so I just wanted to share some feedback on the game.

Going into it I was thinking it would be more of a management game where you are hiring staff/setting prices/etc, but it's more of a board/card game where you build a restaurant empire with the hands you are dealt each round. It's an interesting mix of genres that I haven't seen before, which is refreshing in an AppStore that is filled with clones.

This game has one of the best looking UIs I've seen in an iOS game. Everything looks beautiful and it is really simple and intuitive to control. Another thing I absolutely love is the newspaper screen at the end of each round. It gives a recap of what happened during that round, but it also provides some interesting facts about the restaurant industry. It's not anything that will affect you too much, but it's just a nice touch that they added to the game.

In my opinion it's a fun game to play in short bursts, and there is a lot of customization you can do to determine how long of a match you want to play. I've only completed about 4 matches and my only issue so far is a (perceived) lack of depth to the strategy. This might just be because I'm not good enough at the game yet to realize the different tactical approaches I can be taking each game .

I think the game suffers from the standard iOS struggle - lack of exposure at the beginning meaning it gets lost in the onslaught of new iOS releases. In addition to this, people probably are turned away by the $5 "premium" price tag, even though the game has no iAPs at all and, in my limited experience, appears to be worth the cost.

Hopefully someone at TA can pick up the game and put a review up on the site at some point.

I really hope this dev uses their restaurant expertise and puts it into a more management-heavy game. Something where you can start at the bottom and work your way through a career mode and end up managing a bunch of restaurants. My only real fault with this game is that there really isn't any continuity to the empire you build during the game. Maybe there isn't a huge market for that type of game, but I love those types of strategy/management games.

(Sorry for the long post... and since this is my first post on the TA forums I'll probably come off as a shill for the company but I'm just a lurker who recently got an iPad )

Last edited by truthiness; 11-20-2014 at 09:53 AM.
11-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks Truthiness! Working on the next update now. Going to work to improve the game's onboarding too.

Goal is to make it incredible fun to build an empire as well as to equip players to be more successful in their entrepreneurial ventures - be it a restaurant, a chain of restaurants, or even some other business.
11-24-2014, 09:29 AM
The dev was so kind to provide me with a code, too.
As a longtime-member here i thought i post, too, so Truthiness doesīt sound too much like a shill.
Basically after playing a little bit, i canīt add much to what he wrote.
I really enjoyed the game, too. Itīs easy to understand, even though the tutorial moves at a good speed and introduces new stuff at a steady pace.

If anyone has further, more in-depth questions feel free to ask. I try my best to answer them.

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Got a short demo video of the game.

Let me know if you have any questions.
02-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Curious but have to wonder how is it you actually interact with the other players? Does opening up a same themed restaurant potentially take away some of their clientele?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews