★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Secret Crush
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 50.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Your ship is gone.
Your crew is scattered.
One option remains.
Gather your crew...

and jump into the sun.

Reunite your shipmates and hurtle toward the end in 50+ distinctly dangerous gravity puzzles!

--- --- ---

Juegos Rancheros: "A super promising debut."

Gamezebo: 4.5/5 Far from iterating, Secret Crush has created a new genre standard.

148apps: "4.5/5 "One of the weirdest and best platforming experiences to be had on iOS...A complete delight."

Kaijupop: "3/4 Pops: Exceptional. A significant cut above the crowd."

TouchArcade: "4/5 Well worth checking out."

--- --- ---

Features:
Blast through 50+ challenging, gravity-bending levels
Discover a variety of dangerous new planets and obstacles
Use your jetpack to navigate asteroid fields and avoid deadly comets
Unite and ignite 14 cute crew members, each with their own personality
Track achievements and compete with your friends on Game Center
Astronauts, catstronauts, and a dog named Moosetracks

--- --- ---

You control the captain of a spaceship that is suddenly struck by a comet and destroyed. With no way to get home, the ship's crew is forced to face reality. They're doomed to die. There's no way out. But no matter what their fate may be, one thing is decided for certain. No one dies alone.

It's your job to navigate through the universe as the captain and reunite your crew. Hop, blast, and drift your way from planet to planet using your trusty jetpack. Reunite the crew, making sure not to run out of oxygen and leave them to drift in the void. Beware of molten planets, speeding comets, and deadly gravity wells. And when everyone in the sector is reunited, make your way to sun.

--- --- ---

Praise for Sunburn!
Gamezebo: 4.5/5 Far from iterating, Secret Crush has created a new genre standard.
148apps: "4.5/5 "One of the weirdest and best platforming experiences to be had on iOS...A complete delight."
Kaijupop: "3/4 Pops: Exceptional. A significant cut above the crowd."
TouchArcade: "4/5 Well worth checking out."
App Store Editor's Choice "Best New Games" Nov. 20-27 2014
FastCoDesign "Best Game Design of 2014" Selection
Red Bull Games "Best Games of 2014" Selection
Killscreen Playlist Selection
MAGFest13 Indie Videogame Showcase Official Selection, 2015
Official Selection, Gamercamp Interactive & Games Festival, 2014
NYC Media Lab Annual Summit Selection, 2014
World Science Festival Innovation Square Selection, 2013

--- --- ---

Sunburn! is the debut game from Secret Crush -- a three person studio founded by three alumni of the prestigious NYU Game Center MFA game design program. Originally a student project, the game was then specially selected for three months of full-time development as part of the NYU Game Center incubator in New York City.

blue rocket's comments:
This came out last night, not sure how it was missed!

11-20-2014, 09:02 AM
It didn't come out last night but only an hour or so ago strangely.Anyway I've been waiting for this title so I'm gonna instabuy it now!

11-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranch91 View Post
It didn't come out last night but only an hour or so ago strangely.Anyway I've been waiting for this title so I'm gonna instabuy it now!
it's absolutely fantastic... been playing since i grabbed it this morning! Just wishing for an endless / randomly generated mode.
11-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks you two! I'm one of the creators, let me know if you run into any bugs or anything. Super happy to hear you like the game.
11-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Oh yeah, TA wrote up a preview article about this game if I'm not mistaken, looks great I'll probably give it a go this evening
11-20-2014, 12:08 PM
It came today, not yesterday, and totally insta buy!
11-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue rocket View Post
it's absolutely fantastic... been playing since i grabbed it this morning! Just wishing for an endless / randomly generated mode.
I was just thinking of that. I'm pacing very quickly through this game and may even finish it by tonight. I clearly have very little self-control. But I'm also hoping for an endless mode with some random characters to pick up throughout. That would be fun. Overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying this space puzzler as I have expected. Keep up the great work, devs!
11-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranch91 View Post
I was just thinking of that. I'm pacing very quickly through this game and may even finish it by tonight. I clearly have very little self-control. But I'm also hoping for an endless mode with some random characters to pick up throughout. That would be fun. Overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying this space puzzler as I have expected. Keep up the great work, devs!
exactly... they can implement it however they want... could have to grab air tanks to keep your oxygen supply up while picking up characters. Drop them into little space pods and they can shoot safely back to earth as you continue your trip to save as many people, cats, dogs, lol... as possible. just an idea
11-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Game Impressions

11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Oh my God what a trailer. Getting this tomorrow.