Adverting On toucharcade question

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Nov 21, 2014.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Does this site have gamers who love to see what is next and hot or is it mainly developers who like to share and info.

I found this site extremely helpful for info and appreciate all of the help.

Please reply as soon as possible I am trying to evaluate how to promote my games.

Lajo

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Judging by activity on the on these developers are the minority.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Thank you for replying. Have you had any experience advertising on this site?

4. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    nope

5. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian

This site seems to be a community of developers which is great for all of us. We all need to stay in the loop on how to get game exposure. I believe most of this exposure is going to come from investing in advertising which can be expensive if you don't advertise on sites that have a regular flow of people who play games. If we are going to sell games we won't get results by patting each other on the back, a person selling apples doesn't normally buy apples from another apples retailer, they compare results.

I started a business years ago that made millions and it was all started with a product of course but the key was that the produce got exposed to end users. I was one of a few designer, manufacturer of the first iPod cases. I made the product but had nowhere to sell it and I was living in China and had no interest in going outside to market. I found a site by word of mouth. The site was iPodlougne which later changed its name to iLounge (Apple pressure). This site got my product infront of users and allowed me to communicate with them through their forum. Within a month my sales jumped and soon I had enough money come in to build my own factory. It went on to make a few million in profit and my distributors and resellers made twice as much as I did (normal factory to distributor to reseller to customer profit) That was because of one site, iPlayLounge. I then went on to advertise in MacWorld the site and magazine, macminute.com and iPodlounge. If some of you know that eposode my partner in Canada registered our business name iSkin under his name and rode away with the profit. I made the lesser amount by opening a new brand called XSKN but that is another story. I believe this business is the same. Put yourself in front of your potential customers and let them decide if they want to wear your shoes. The question is were is that/those site/s.:confused: In time I will find them.

I know of a few game companies which lucked out and climbed and now ride off their existing customers by pushing ads of their new games to their existing players. That gives them the method to rise a game on the charts and then it is a monkey see monkey do and they get a few million players even on a bomb. While better games than theirs remain unknown. It is the way of the jungle.

I am new in the business and it seems some of you are too. As I get info I will share it and hopefully it does the same for you as it does for me.

This a a huge rising market and there is no reason you should not get your share of it.

6. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    I would say touch arcade is one of the largest groups of people playing mobile games. I haven't seen better.

Not saying the advertising is a good idea. To compare mobile games to selling phone cases is a bit of a stretch but good luck. I will be interested to see how you go.

7. bujibiasu

bujibiasu New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    we are going to sell games we won't get results by patting each other on the back, a person selling apples doesn't normally buy apples from another apples retailer, they compare results.[​IMG]

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Hello 1stSkin, I believe that I used to know you a long time ago on your site for your iPod cases. Long time no see, it's been about 10 years I think, Lajo. I am very active here. Let me know if you need any info from a users standpoint on anything. It's good to see you again! :)

9. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I started my ad on google play about 30 minutes ago

It has 387,422 views - 1,620 click - looked at the google admob map and the game is lit up in about 20 countries. It will be interesting to watch to see what that translates into downloads. I will keep you posted.

I have an ad designed for this site, just waiting for the partners to agree to air it. It would run for 2 weeks

10. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We have advertised a few times on the site.

Advertising here helps you reach other developers, early adopters, and hardcore players, and also can catch the eye of Apple as people from there are known to keep an eye on the site.

11. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Thank you for sharing your experience