Promo code for Roll Rage

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by John-SphericalGames, Nov 21, 2014.

1. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #1 John-SphericalGames, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Hi,

Developer here. Roll Rage is my first iOS game.

Roll Rage contains 10 different tilting games in one app where you simply stay alive while trying to collect fruits, stars and coins.

Spend coins to buy better balls and upgrades so you can get an even better score.

Link to iTunes for roll rage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll-rage/id861021107?ls=1&mt=8

Some screenshots:
    [​IMG]

I'm giving away 5 promo code.

All codes have been Redeemed and have been deleted to save everyone time.

Let everyone know you've taken the code to save their time.

Expires on 20th December.

It would be good if you could tweet in return for getting the code. You can get 4,000 free coins if you tweet at the end of playing a game using the tweet button when the high score table appears.

Feedback on what you think and what you thoughts are on the difficulty level would be appreciated.

Any questions, fire away and I'll answer what I can.

2. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    Used TAFJW6JA7T69, thanks ;)

3. sickamanico

sickamanico Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Redeemed Y6KHNJKLRETR, thank you!

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #4 Lavender, Nov 21, 2014
    All codes have been redemed.

Some questions for the developer:

I like the look of the game. I am very interested but have some questions first.

Has this game allready been released?
    How many levels are there approximately in the different games?
    Considering that it is called 'Roll Rage;' does most of the game play involve a rolling character?
    The cost?
    Is Game Center enabled? If it is; is it enabled individually for each game? Or... al together?

Thank you!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    All codes have been redeemed

6. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #6 John-SphericalGames, Nov 21, 2014
    Game has been release.

There are 10 different games but some might want to call them levels.

You are a ball, and there are 15 balls to collect but you have to do certain task to unlock them first. They have different properties and characteristics to them.

For example, if you play with the eye ball, then the screen blinks as if the ball is shutting its eyes. It makes it harder to play but you get more points playing with that ball.

The dizzy ball, reverses movement. Star ball gives you more stars in the game and so on.

It is game center enabled and has achievements.

You start off with first game unlocked with the other 9 locked. You need to score enough points (silver trophy) in the first game to unlock the second game. That the same formula through out in unlocking the games.

Once you've unlocks all 10 games then missions mode unlocks.

In mission mode it the same 10 games but you have to do a task of sort and earn trophies depending on how well you did.

Once you've collected certain amount of trophies you get a reward and these rewards make the game slightly easier or rewarding like by giving you rare diamond instead of fruits or the first 10 stars that you collect are guaranteed to be gold instead of random bronze, silver, gold.

Completing missions makes it possible to gain a massive score if you collect all the rewards.

You get coins by collecting bronze stars, 5 coins spill out worth 1. There are loads of stars so it is easy to gain coins. I tried to avoid any sort of grind.

First thing I suggest you do is spend your coins on gold stars because the coins that spill out of gold stars are worth 5 each so it is worth the investment. If you don't have enough coins to buy gold stars try buying silver stars if you can.

Rinse and repeat.

At some point try and get the coin doubler.

Once you got those coins comes flowing in allowing you to spend it on items that helps you to gain a higher high score.

Price is lowest tier, 69p in UK.

7. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Why cant you find the itunes page for it ??

8. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #8 John-SphericalGames, Nov 21, 2014
  9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Whoa, this looks great, there should be a regular forum thread for this one :D

10. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hello. I see it now.I am in the US.
    Because you did not provide a link in the description at first, I assumed that it might not have been released yet.
    I am sorry about that!
    At the same time, I usually suggest to dev's to add a link to their 1st post if they haven't b/c ipad users, using the app, sometimes have a hard time getting to it.

Thanks for the concern!

11. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    The app is very reasonably priced (just a buck) so most likely I will be getting it.

Could someone please leave some impressions/feedback so I can make up my mind?
    And yes it's only a dollar. But' it's about the space on my ipad not the money! LOL

Thanks!!

12. sickamanico

Feb 24, 2014
    First off, thanks again for the code. I'm enjoying the game, it's very addictive. The graphics are nice and crisp on both the iPhone and iPad Mini with Retina, though I prefer to play it on the iPad because I can control the tilt better. That brings me to the controls, they vary from each level from being very sensitive (Sensitivity level) to quite the opposite (the first level).

The only thing I don't like in the game is that the upgrades one buys (in-game currency or iaps) are only for the level one's playing and not to all the levels of the game (you have to start from zero every new level). The iaps range from $0.99 - $3.99.

All in all, nice addictive game if, one doesn't mind doing some grinding to upgrade each level, or I'm not a good player at all! I wish the Developer success with this game.

13. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    When you say that the upgrade is for only one level, do you mean per game? Or each level in each game? Actually, I do mind having to grind & grind & grind each level, etc... I want to enjoy a game. Not spend endless time, doing the same thing over and over. I have enough grinding to do in reallife! LOL

I didn't realize there were iap's in the game. That's a bit of a let down, isn't it?

So.... DEV, what exactly are they for? And; must they be purchased to complete any of the games?

Thank you for paying attention and answering questions because I'm not just asking for me.

Thanks!

14. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #14 John-SphericalGames, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Thanks for feedback, it nice to see someone not just take the code and give no feedback.

The Sensitivity level is multiplying (increasing the sensitivity) of the device accelerator results over time that why that level is called sensitivity! - so, the longer you live the more sensitive it becomes.

The trick to this game is to grab as many stars as fast as possible and maybe be a little reckless to start with but once the device tilt becomes too sensitive for you to confidently handle you then need to start doing micro-movements then eventually close to zero movements until it is out of control and you shoot off.

The IAP is really not necessary in this game.

I can see your point that each game has it own set of upgrades but I can assure you there is very little grinding in this game if you play naturally. If you are really, really bad at playing games then it might appear that you are grinding but I believe the games are addictive and challenging enough to be enjoyed so it becomes second nature. You only need to spend your coins on what you need to spend in order to advance to the next level. Once you've unlocked all 10 levels, there are the missions to do, again only spend what you need to get gold trophy in missions. Earning certain amount of gold trophies earns you rewards that enchant your game score no end and these certain rewards include increasing the value of coins that you collect.

There are 3 upgrades that increases your coin value; gold stars, silver stars and the coin doubler.

There are also two rewards up for grabs in the missions that increases the amount of coins you can get in the game. One particular reward automatically give you a coin for each second you stay alive on top of all those you managed to collect in the game. Another reward double the value of the coin. So, you've got a coin doubler on top of the coin doubler.

Then there are some balls that offer 2x, 3x, or 5x coin value depending on what you use to play in a level.

Basically the more you upgrade and the more mission rewards you earn and using the right ball means more coins you can make in a single play through.

For example, playing the downfall level you will probably earn up to 200 coins when you first started playing it.

With the right ball, gold and silver star fully upgraded + the coin doubler + the reward coin doubler + 1 coin per second you stay alive - You can earn up to 8,000 in a single play though. I wouldn't be surprise if you double that figure.

Hope these answers your points raised.

15. sickamanico

Feb 24, 2014
    You're very welcome! You can replay each level with their unique, and some common, upgrades that you've gotten from previous games; you don't lose them. The thing is, if I buy a coin doubler, it only applies in the level I'm currently playing not throughout the other levels. I've had to use the upgrades in each level so as to score high enough to earn a silver trophy, which then opens the next level.

The iaps are simply to buy in-game currency, which you use to buy upgrades. Not necessary but, you'll have to play the same level a few times. Again, I'm a casual player, not someone who plays a lot. I'll say this though, I prefer to pay a premium for a game than pay iaps.

I hope this answers your questions.

16. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #16 John-SphericalGames, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    There are 10 unique ball tilting games in one app but depending on who you talk to they may say there are 10 levels. In replying to sickamanico, I refer the "10 games" as levels for the sake of not confusing him/her. They do have a replay-ability value to them so it not like 10 games / levels and it is over. There are the missions to do and the games/level are, like sickamanico said earlier, addictive but I guess that relative to the person taste anyway.

17. sickamanico

Feb 24, 2014
    I forgot to mention also that you can earn 4,000 coins if you tweet your score after a game (once, of course) and it does help to get you started.

18. John-SphericalGames

Nov 21, 2014
    #18 John-SphericalGames, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Three more promotional codes up for grabs

HL7PRFXEA7JT --------- TAKEN
    7FYMRF7PW39X --------- TAKEN
    PEYT7NP9LFHW --------- TAKEN

Let everyone know which code you have taken.

It would also be good if you tweeted your high score when using twitter button on the high table that appears when you die. You get 4,000 free coins for doing so.

Also appreciate any feedback.
    They expire in 1 month.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll-rage/id861021107?ls=1&mt=8
    Ta.

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!
    HL7PRFXEA7JT

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator