★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gun Frenzy is a crazy top-down, twin-stick shooter where beautiful women fight to the death against demons, undead, zombies and other monsters. Featuring eye-popping graphics that you won't believe run so well on a mobile device, Gun Frenzy is an intense twin-stick shooting game that you'll find hard to put down. Players can choose between two hot women, pick up dozens of weapon upgrades and battle a huge variety of enemies across more than 30 levels. Use machine guns, laser rifles, magical staffs (for those RPG fans out there) and even mighty plasma cannons to blow your enemies apart ... all in stunning 3D graphics and sound.

Best of all ... there are NO MICROTRANSACTIONS and NO IN-APP PURCHASES! Gameplay is fair and doesn't reward those with deep pockets. Players will have to use skill and finesse, rather than their wallets, to finish the game and defeat the 6 major bosses. Pay only once and never have to deal with in-app purchases or no unfair "pay to win" gameplay. You'll also receive all future updates and content packs (DLC) completely free!

Over 15 achievements to earn!

38 Levels of insane action. More levels will be added in future updates!

Dozens of enemies and bosses to defeat.

20+ weapons including machine guns, laser pistols, vaporizer rifles, plasma cannons and more.

Unlock new abilities as you play the game and complete achievements.

WaveLightGames's comments:

Some more info about us and our future plans. We are a 2 person indie dev group based in Toronto. Gun Frenzy is our first release but we are very close to releasing our second major game, which we will describe in a separate thread. The focus for our games are console quality graphics but optimized to run on low end hardware. Gun Frenzy runs well on an iPhone 4s, iPad mini first gen and above, for example. We also hate in-app purchases and the awful trend towards "Pay to Win" games ... makes us mad. We prefer to just release our games as either free with ads or a straight up, one time purchase price.

For Gun Frenzy, we plan several updates to it such as new playable characters, new weapons, new levels, more enemies and boss battles and more game features such as RPG elements and combo bonus points and such.

11-21-2014, 03:51 PM
i really like the graphics but if i may give some suggestion, please fix the backward running animation and put more detail on other animation too. this game already looks fun, imo. for additional request please add real time shadow on the character and enemies.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback ... appreciate it. I've explored some ways to add real time shadows but it's tricky as it can be a small change with a surprisingly heavy hit on performance. I'd like to keep the game running smoothly on an iPhone 4S and I'm not sure I could do that if I had real time shadows. I am looking at some alternatives though ... I believe I can fake real time shadows for the moving characters reasonably efficiently and if I can get it working, I'll add that in an update.

Probably won't be able to do the backward running animations as I don't have an animator on staff. Instead, I work with assets that I purchase from some great 3d modelers out in Europe and Israel. They have been patient with my many requests so far for tweaks in the animations and models but I don't think I can ask too much more from them.

Should be pushing out an update some time next week. It'll likely only have some superficial changes but we'll see what I can include.
11-21-2014, 04:16 PM
By the way, does anyone know how to embed a youtube video clip in these forums? I see it in a lot of other posts but I kept trying various combinations and all I could do was put up a link to the youtube video.
11-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Lara Croft called, she wants her clothes back
11-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveLightGames View Post
By the way, does anyone know how to embed a youtube video clip in these forums? I see it in a lot of other posts but I kept trying various combinations and all I could do was put up a link to the youtube video.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=109095
11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyUnlucky View Post
Lara Croft called, she wants her clothes back
Yep ... there's definitely a Lara Croft vibe to one of the playable characters. Though in my defence, since Lara has evolved into a more mature character with realistic proportions and is no longer a sexist symbol of the exploitation of women in video games .... someone has to take her place, right?

But so as to level the playing field a bit or perhaps make Gun Frenzy equally offensive to both genders, let me present a preview of the next playable character. A macho, man's man with an 8 pack and massive biceps. He's also lost his shirt for some unknown reason.

He'll be a tougher character than either of the girls but won't be too quick and also his attacks won't be too effective when moving. He'll exclusively use heavy guns and won't use the smaller pistols and magical weapons that the girls can use. He'll have an assortment of heavy guns that only he can use as well. So a different play style. Whereas the girls are both run and shoot types, his play style will be more of a hold a good position and just shoot like crazy. I'll add some pics of his guns as I add them.
11-22-2014, 09:21 PM
By the way, I'm looking for a good name for the next character. Anyone have any ideas?
11-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveLightGames View Post
By the way, I'm looking for a good name for the next character. Anyone have any ideas?
Sorry, edited my post. Didn't like what I said earlier. Slasha for a female and Gunner for a male!

Last edited by UnhappyUnlucky; 11-25-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Didn't like what I said earlier
11-25-2014, 09:56 AM
You have a potential customer here. Could you please add a video of the game. Thanks